Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB-445nm Diode In AUS

RayJay

Hi everybody! (you just said that in Dr nicks voice didn't you, lol)

Before i just went to DTR i was wondering if any Aussies (or kiwis) had a 9mm or M140 diode laying around that they wanted to sell? Let me know as i prefer to get one here as the postage only takes a day instead of 1-2 weeks!

Thanks all!

RayJay

Bump!

Anybody? I am actually thinking about getting a 462nm diode off dtr..

I'd say don't even bother trying to find an Australian seller.

By the time you find someone who is willing to sell you could have received an order from DTR.

Last edited:

RayJay

I'd say don't even bother trying to find an Australian seller.

By the time you find someone who is willing to sell you could have received an order from DTR.

Indeed, I am just going to bite the bullet and get a NDB7675.. I will hate myself if i don't get one now when i can when they eventually run out.

Yes get one from DTR. Really he gets them posted super quick. It can take about 7 days for me to get something from Sydney and i have had DTR's stuff here in 11 so thats pretty good!
As for the 462nm yeah get one just in case.Not sure that they will ever run out, by the sounds of it they are just a high 445 9mm, they must have been around for a long time in limited quantities but in the past when they got binned they were really binned. Not sure if Techhood was the one who managed to convince Nichia to get them out of the bin and sell them for the hobbyist or someone else passed them on? Either way it has got me thinking there must be other diodes in different wavelengths, from Nichia and other companies that "Bin" High and Low out of spec diodes, but who can get them unbinned for us. MONEY! Money talks,I guess that is why we are paying more for these!. Maybe Techhood has contacts and he has seen some success here with these and may pursue some low 520nm and some low 638nm. One would think that these would still be affordable to us!?

RayJay

Well in reality when we are still paying $600+ for a NGD7475 anything under $1000 is considered "reasonable" ..

And are you serious? It takes 7 days from sydney?? Wow. It takes about 2-4 days regular post from sydney for me.. And 1-2 days express. One of my friends lives in Lowerlight even gets his mail at the same speed. You must live AGGGGEEESSSS away!

Well in reality when we are still paying $600+ for a NGD7475 anything under $1000 is considered "reasonable" ..

And are you serious? It takes 7 days from sydney?? Wow. It takes about 2-4 days regular post from sydney for me.. And 1-2 days express. One of my friends lives in Lowerlight even gets his mail at the same speed. You must live AGGGGEEESSSS away!

YUP! About 6 hours from lower light!:(