Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Would like advice for laser for host.

GBD

Recently Ive build a 1W 445nM build with this host, but the more I play with it, the less I like the 445 for this host.
I would like to use some other laser for it (red green, exotic colors, etc)
but frankly, I cant decide myself on what to use.

So I would like to hear some of your guy's opinions on what laser would you use, that is the wavelenth and power. (exept for 445nM)
so anything such as a DPSS or a diode goes, as it wont be hard to modify the host to fit either one.

Thanks for any input guys.

Last edited:

Helios

Unique host, but unless you have a big budget your options are limited.

660-650nm diode

532nm module

405nm diode

thats about it

you could do a 808nm or other IR but those are not as much fun IMO or maybe a 635nm if you can find a good diode.

More exotic colors include more exotic price tags than the majority is willing to spend.

Last edited:

GBD

Well, I was thinking of making a removable head if I chose the exotic colors.. I wont be able to afford a true single wavelenth one, but it will be far easier to combine and ballance 2 or 3 seperate lasers, then somehow fit all the optics and drivers into a screw on head.
(that is for non-standard or rare colors that would cost alot of money)

Helios

Well, I was thinking of making a removable head if I chose the exotic colors.. I wont be able to afford a true single wavelenth one, but it will be far easier to combine and ballance 2 or 3 seperate lasers, then somehow fit all the optics and drivers into a screw on head.
(that is for non-standard or rare colors that would cost alot of money)

That host is too small to realistically combine beams within it....unless your a laser and optics wizard

GBD

That is what I meant, to thread that hole you see and attach a bigger, hollow head that I can work with to combine beams.

Helios

That is what I meant, to thread that hole you see and attach a bigger, hollow head that I can work with to combine beams.

might want to try it in a labby style laser first....ALOT easier

GBD

Yeah true,

I am currently working on a white laser build, no way that will fit in a portable, the green DPSS takes up half the room!
(PS3 sled style build)

EDIT:.. well, OT, im am gonna work this build into a large lab with a wall powered PSU. so its really not becoming portable any time soon.

Last edited: