Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Worried need answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edd123

Hello this is my first time posting and i am a bit paranoid if i have or going to have eye damage fron a laser.

Ok so i was playing video games with a friend and he raged and randomly shined his laser into the tv. Some of the light reflected into my eye and i am worried now.
It was some chinese laser pointer but here are the specs :
max output <8000 mw
Wavelenght 532 =+- 10
Class 3 laser
Ok so i dont know what that means or if they are really dangerous. I feel fine and i see just fine but i am worried if i might lose some vision in the future because of this incident.

Should i go to the doctor or am i just overreacting please any answers would be appreciated.

Edd123

How much did his laser cost (yes this is a relavent question)
Hey! Thanks for responding. I never asked him but the laser seemed to be high quality made from metal.it was chinese though.I forgot to add in my post that the laser was green.

Your probably fine, but if you want to be safe see an eye doctor. And don't forget to throw your friends laser in the garbage because nothing good will come of it.

Lagomorpha

I can tell you now, that 522nm laser is NOWHERE near 8000 mW but if you feel like there are any problems and/or your vision gets worse, see a doctor immediately. You are probably fine, but it's better safe than sorry.
Simply an irresponsible move.

Edd123

I can tell you now, that 522nm laser is NOWHERE near 8000 mW but if you feel like there are any problems and/or your vision gets worse, see a doctor immediately. You are probably fine, but it's better safe than sorry.
Simply an irresponsible move.
Hey thanks for answering my question. I agree it was pretty irresponsible.about the power he said that he can burn paper so is that bad? Or he might be lying idk. And what do you mean about my vision getting worse like blurry vision on like dark spots?

Lagomorpha

Hey thanks for answering my question. I agree it was pretty irresponsible.about the power he said that he can burn paper so is that bad? Or he might be lying idk. And what do you mean about my vision getting worse like blurry vision on like dark spots?
I just mean if you feel at all uncomfortable, to go to the hospital or an specialized eye doctor.
Is it a pointer(like do you hold it) or is it like a box or something?
532nm(most common shade of green) laser pointers rarely go very high in wattage. I am not sure what the wattage is and we can't be sure until you take it and check it on a proper laser power meter.

Edd123

I just mean if you feel at all uncomfortable, to go to the hospital or an specialized eye doctor.
Is it a pointer(like do you hold it) or is it like a box or something?
532nm(most common shade of green) laser pointers rarely go very high in wattage. I am not sure what the wattage is and we can't be sure until you take it and check it on a proper laser power meter.
Yes its a pointer you hold it. Man i think i was just being paranoid about all of this. But anyway thanks for the reply.

Encap

61Nig6AcooL._AC_UL115_.jpg

>>>Warning<<<​

"If you think you need medical help or attention for an eye injury or any other medical problem, you probably do."
"If you have been hit in the eye with a laser and feel you have suffered any type of eye injury as the result of an accident with a laser that may need medical opinion or treatment,
go to a hospital Emergency Room and/or consult a qualified Board Certified MD Ophthalmologist ASAP.
LPF is a laser hobbyist website, not physicians, and cannot give any medical or legal advice.
No professional medical or legal advice is available or possible on LPF"​

For additional information see laserpointersafety.com here:
Laser Pointer Safety - What to do if you are hit by a laser pointer or laser pen

Encap

Money is only money---maybe everything tO do with and about money is at most 10% of life and living. Eyesight is every day every minute important.
GO GET YOUR EYES CHECKED--DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE MONEY OF IT---YOU ARE GETTING YOUR EYES CHECKED NOT YOUR WALLET CHECKED---A FEW PENNIES SPENT BEING CAUTIOUS ABOUT A LIFETIME OF VISION IS NOTHING IN THE SCHEME OF THINGS.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Exactly as Encap said, money is only money, you'll make more, but you've only got one pair of eyes. If you are the least bit bit worried about eye damage, see an Opthalmologist ASAP.

PS - Here's a thought, have your dimwitted buddy cover your Dr's. bills.

Status
Not open for further replies.