Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

work related pics pt.2 12/6/13

I had said in my previous post "work related pics" that I wanted to shoot it again using orange cones and 36" lime cones instead the 28" lime cones I had used. The new shots are kind of the same but different, getting some nice pics. The orange cones pics are a bit pixelated, I guess due to the resizing and brightness. I get this degradation sometimes with reds, oh well. The hi res versions do not have this and look sharp. Later today I will post my "normal" weekly shots, Enjoy

Last edited:

gismo

More cones:wave:. If I count right you've used three lines with 12 cones in one of each line, Bruce. I wonder what other variations could be applied with them cones:thinking:. Perhaps use them in different formations like in a grid or set them diagonally, mix columns with rows. Also inserting lasers while standing up covered inside few cones? Just thinking loud:).

:gj: on this session!

Hey Gismo,
I always appreciate your ideas! You are right, 3 rows @ 12 cones is what I used this time. I have given thought to other ways to shoot lasers using cones. I have considered making a grid like you suggested, and using mirrors to change the direction of the beams. To do it right I would have to use my higher powered lasers. Your collection of Beasts would be ideal for this! Long exposures with no fog. Sort of like the first Tron movie when the light cycles make streaks on the grid. It would require a lot of work, but the results would be worth it. Maybe one day in the future. I have also considered (it would require one of my employees to help me) shooting it from above by having me, my camera, and tripod (laying flat looking straight down) lifted 15 feet above by a forklift, and shooting directly below. This would also be really cool. Just to do these two scenarios would take at least 3 to 4 hours (depending on how big the grid would be, which could be hundreds of cones) to set up, shoot, and put everything away. These are very Hardcore ideas! When I did shoot the cones twice this past week, I came to work at 4:30AM so I would be at my desk by 7:00AM. And then had to do my job. Luckily for me I am in charge of the facility so when my secretary, and employees came in at 8AM I delegated.

Last edited: