Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Will this laser be able to light fuses? Blue 100mw or 300mw

The inverse color of the color of the goggle represents the colors blocked. For example, if it's red, the inverse color of red is green so more green is blocked. If it is orange, the inverse color is blue so more blue is blocked. That's what I learned from spectroscopy lol :p if I'm wrong about this someone please correct me.

Last edited:

TomD

A bit related question here.

The OP said the requirement was the ability to light a fuse, but never mentioned at what distance, so everybody safely assumed an arm's length or less.

What particular power and lens configuration should a 405/445 be to be able to light a 2cm x 5cm fuse from 20 feet away?

@ nouthyella. I dont know enough about dyes to disagree and I dont disagree with you ,but the glasses linked were rated for 532/445.
Nothing was stated about 405 in its description.

@ nouthyella. I dont know enough about dyes to disagree and I dont disagree with you ,but the glasses linked were rated for 532/445.
Nothing was stated about 405 in its description.

I completely agreed with you on that part, which is why I linked him to a pair of 405 absorbing glasses.
I was just complaining about your comment on the colour, since it is not always related to the wavelengths it absorbs.

Got ya. Now That you mention it my glasses look a bit red with the amber.

And I wasnt disagreeing with you. Even said I didnt know enough to.