Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

will I get my green laser through UK customs?

kraiga

Has anyone ever heard of customs confiscating such lasers?

I am stuck for decision between

X-series nova (after reccomendation via this website, I was seriously about to be scammed if it wasnt for this website steering me away from ebay)

100mw ($209), 125mw ($279) or the 150mw ($399)

I am inclined for the $125.. but is it worth the extra $70? and is the extra $120 more for the 150mw worth it for only 25 more mw/s?

Thank you so much for answers, this will likely be my last thread,

those are my two main questions anyway..

which of the above lasers?

and has anyone from the UK bought these lasers before from the Nova site with NO problems or WITH Problems?? I dont want to spend $300 to get nothing out of it !!!!!!!!

Razako

The amount of power than you should buy depends on what you want to use it for. If you just want to use it to point at stuff and look at the pretty green beam you should be fine with a lower model. If you actually want to burn stuff it is going to take a larger investment.

I don't like in the UK so I can't answer your other question.

I think nova has a full money back if it does not pass customs.... Really depends on what you want to do with it... I recently bought a X100 and it puts out 147mw peak and 122mw average, and member here got an X100 and it peaks at 135mw an 116mw average... Will the X125 put out more? Yes but probably around the same peak as mine just having a stable 125+ mw average... Right now with the 125 on sale I would go for it, before it was like $100 or something difference and I didnt think it was worth it.

some thing to think about as well if these companys put a customs docket on the parcel and put the full price of the item then your going to pay tax this end.the only way around the tax is if they put on the ticket is A present or value under £35. i got a 130 mw green laser from a uk based company just tell them your useing it for astrolorgy www.scitec.uk.com

gunsimon0077 said:
some thing to think about as well if these companys put a customs docket on the parcel and put the full price of the item then your going to pay tax this end.the only way around the tax is if they put on the ticket is A present or value under £35. i got a 130 mw green laser from a uk based company just tell them your useing it for astrolorgy www.scitec.uk.com

That is horrid, you could have purchased an RPL with more than twice the power for roughly £350.

Yes it should go through UK Customs quite fine, all my DX/KD orders are labelled "light pen" or similar. I'm sure Nova have more than enough experience.

ben74

My x75 got through to the uk fine. Here was a lot of packaging for a small laser. Anyone else that had a lot of packaging?

If you want to buy laser pointer whose power is more than 5mw, it is not allowed among most coutries especial in North Amercia. But there is still ways to pass the custom and no taxes for it.

You should let your supplier do not write any laser words on the invoice and write the less value on the invoice too like 10USD. As you know, custom will not always check every package ;D