Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WickedLasers, big payment mess?

Hi,

A while ago I made the decision to order G2 Spyder III Arctic laser from Wicked lasers.

I asked WickedLasers via their support if it were possible to order the laser and use Paypal or any other method to pay. They said it was impossible to do so, and since I could not pay them using credit cards of some sort, we agreed I could pay them using direct bank tranfer.

Anyhow, after some mailing they mailed me the price I had to send to their bank account. Yes, I've taking into account this was risky and messy, but I still wanted to do it anyway. After this, they would follow up with their sales dept. to acquire the order.

In the transfer I've mentioned about everything I could fill in the fields, like the order details, and ticket numbers, and I told them I've send them they required payment, and attached a receipt of the transfer. I got no reply back.

I mailed them back to ask if they could confirm my order, and a few days later I got a response that they couldn't find any order. I requested they would make one, and a few days later, another employee of them told me she'd follow up (again) with their sales dept. Anyway, that was a week ago, and yesterday I sent another message to know what they are up to.

Is Wicked always this messy? I know they are quite busy handling there Arctic orders, but I didn't even got an order confirmation. I tried calling them using Skype, but somehow skype hangs up, or they hang up on me after about 10 seconds.

It's not even the money I'm worying about, it's just that I want that laser real bad... :D

I also don't think they 'scam' me on purpose, but is there anyway I can get through to them?

Regards

Why didn't you use a credit card? At least with a credit card or debit/visa you can file a dispute against WL, I would never do a direct transfer to a company in China. I would check with your bank and see if there is a way to get it back.

I had problems wth WL I ordered June 19th and got an order confirmation 2 days later and could never get a response after that, until I canceled my order on Aug 24th. I got my credit card refunded 4 days later. They are terrible to deal with and are on the list with customs and are having a lot of their shipments confiscated.

Is Wicked always this messy? I know they are quite busy handling there Arctic orders, but I didn't even got an order confirmation. I tried calling them using Skype, but somehow skype hangs up, or they hang up on me after about 10 seconds.

My experience with one order was that yes they are that messy.
1) They take days to reply to support tickets.
2) They "misspeak" about product availability and shipping dates.

The only reason I took a chance on WL and tried to order was because I knew I could do a charge back with my credit card.

I don't think they are scammers, but I do think they will be facing serious cash flow issues in the near future, which could leave you as an unsecured creditor if they go bankrupt.

Why didn't you use a credit card? At least with a credit card or debit/visa you can file a dispute against WL, I would never do a direct transfer to a company in China. I would check with your bank and see if there is a way to get it back.

I dont have one. :)

I knew the risks, I just want to know if there's anything I can do in this position, calling them must be more effective, but I don't want to use my own phone. Anyone here who called them through skype before? I can hear them say 'hello this is blahblah from Wickedlasers how can I help you?' and when I'm starting my story the connection is lost. Kind of a bummer. :)

You could have gotten a prepaid visa.
How did you send the money? (wetern union, bank transfer)
The phone # is toll free so you can use your own phone!

A while ago I made the decision to order G2 Spyder III Arctic laser from Wicked lasers.

Well theres your problem. :whistle:

On a serious note. Maybe this will give you a good excuse to cancel your order and pick up a 445nm from someone here! Otherwise I would think your kind of on your own since this is such an unusual way to pay for one of these lasers I doubt anyone else will have experience with it.

If your wondering if wicked lasers is unorganized and has poor customer service I would say its a fairly forum wide unanimous YES.

Got a mail back today:

I have forwarded your concern to the appropriate department. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Carolyn Tucker
Customer Support Team
Best regards,

Karl A.
Customer Support
Wicked Lasers

That's about just what they said the last three emails, oh well, let's see this one :D

Last edited: