Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WHO has a 50mW LED SHOPPE green laserpointer?

Hi,

I'm going to buy a green laserpointer and one model I think to buy is one of these

http://www.ledshoppe.com/Product/ledp/LP1076.htm --> 50mW

or

http://www.ledshoppe.com/Product/ledp/LP1075.htm --> 30mW

or

http://www.ledshoppe.com/Product/ledp/LP1074.htm --> 20mW

First I thought of buying a 50mW, but now I'm worried that i could hurt myself or other. Do you have this one or a laser like this? Can you give me advices?

What is important to me is that I can see the beam even by day in a room.

I appreciate your answers.

I had one and it modehopped bad after about 5 minutes of use. I view them as a gamble, like alot of other cheap sites. You could get a decent one, but who knows.

Last edited:
One additional thing: I read that the 5mW Lasers from LED SHOPPE are "extremly overspec" how muchare they overspec and how much mW?

Take a piece of paper, write down random number between one and forty.

Place said piece of paper against something you don't care... pick up a dart and start tossing it at the paper.

Take a wild guess if ANYONE can guess what numbers you're gonna get? Same thing with these lasers...

Always taking a chance.

I bought 5 pointers from them a few years back as christmas gifts. They were all pretty okay, and I gave them a good review. They all died within a year though.

Last edited:
Try DD or if you have more money RAYFOSS or O-LIKE.
50mW can PROBABLY smoke black rubber. That is IF you get a 50mW laser. I would try Dino because of their prices, then RayFoss.

Should we even be recommending rayfoss to new users anymore? Finding out my 200mw green I paid 160 dollars for, only to find out it's less than half of that in actual green output, and have it die a couple weeks later out of the blue has stopped me from recommending them.

Depends on amount of ambient lighting (any kind) and amount of particulates in the air. You should start seeing a beam usually around 50mW, at 532nm (green).

ah okay

hey I see you have 50mW laser in your signature when did you buy it does it really have 50mW?

I bought it almost half a year ago... it was on some kind of special sale... don't remember from where exactly, one of the cheapie websites. Considering the abuse it's taken it's held up very well.

As far as the output goes... Yes it is 50mW, but I never measured it for IR. I suspect the IR content of this laser is probably around 20-30% if not higher.

Benm

I had one of those, output power was actually a bit overspec - 65 mW or so. I didn't check for IR, but since i usually shine the laser into the meter from 6" or so, i doubt much of that 65 mW was IR.... not saying there isn't more IR leaking though :D