Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which Laser to buy?

blik

Hello!
I am looking for a portable green laser pointer :)
On Dealextreme i saw some pointers but i was wondering which site/pointer
is best to choose from. I checked on novalasers and there were some not-too-expensive lasers too

What i am looking for is to have a great visible beam in dark
is the 200mw dx green laser a good choice? or should i go for the more expensive ones?
i am pretty new to lasers, i have a 200mw red dx laser.

It shouldn't cost 'too much' money, around 100-200$ should be great.
I live in europe btw.

Welcome to the forums!
If you want something of a professional quality, go with NOVAlasers. They have great customer service and will always send you a laser that is over specifications. For example, if you order the 100mW laser, NOVAlasers will send you a laser around 115mW. With the DX pen style lasers, it is not recommended to go over 50mW as they start getting very unstable. Oh, and if you get any laser above 30mW, GET GOGGLES! I have goggles for my 5mW lasers :cool:.

diachi

the DX200 greens are too unstable . the DX 30mW Romisens have very visible beams in the dark, and they are great quality ;)

-Adam

blik

okay thanks for the answers :)
i think i go for the novalasers.com.
now to choose between those,
should i take the x75 or the x100?
is it a huge difference between the beam brightness?

ArRaY

I think I´d rather get the x100 then, because they are often known to perform overspec.
Like 115 or 120 mW.

ArRaY

I too suggest any Nova laser. Quality, good price and over spec. What more can you ask for?

an0n13

Hello everyone! I recently became interested in lasers and I'm looking to get a nice green one.

I've heard lots of good things about Novalasers from you guys so I've narrowed it down to a few lasers from their X-series, however I can't decide which one to get. Hopefully I can get some advice from those with more experience than me. I can't decide between the X-15, X-25, or the X-50, or even a more powerful one.

I'd presume the "best" one would be the most expensive one I could afford, but I'm not looking for one with excessive burning or cutting power. One with an impressive, distinguishable beam would be nice enough, so I was wondering if any of you guys think the above 3^^ are too "weak" for that.

an0n13 said:
Hello everyone! I recently became interested in lasers and I'm looking to get a nice green one.

I've heard lots of good things about Novalasers from you guys so I've narrowed it down to a few lasers from their X-series, however I can't decide which one to get. Hopefully I can get some advice from those with more experience than me. I can't decide between the X-15, X-25, or the X-50, or even a more powerful one.

I'd presume the "best" one would be the most expensive one I could afford, but I'm not looking for one with excessive burning or cutting power. One with an impressive, distinguishable beam would be nice enough, so I was wondering if any of you guys think the above 3^^ are too "weak" for that.
IMO an X50 or an X75 would be enough for a really good beam. Apparently, the X50 has a visible beam indoors with the lights on.

blik

I finally got the x100 after waiting a month :)
too bad i had to pay the delivery guy €45 extra for import.
But sure its worth it! i love the beam,
Peak Output 117.0mW
Average Output 100.0mW

Thanks for the advice ;D

Nova Lasers.. X series... dont even bother looking anywhere else for better
I just bought one ;D

wow, you had to pay an extra €45 for import? geesh, did nova reimburse you for this amount?? That's a lot of money!

blik

Yes the Netherlands sometimes ask a lot of money for it.
I once even ordered a t-shirt from america, for no reason it first went to sint maarten
to some place i dont know, then they sent it again to my house in Holland.

i had to pay for the whole yourney!
15 dollar t-shirt, 30 euros import

ArRaY

I am waiting 21 days at the moment. I am getting impatient, scince I had to pay for shipping 20 bucks! If it had been free shipping, I wouldn´t mind as much as I do Now. I WANT MY X100!