Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which green laser?

Hi there,

I asked this questing one year ago but a lot of things seems to have changed so I'll have to ask this again.

I'm looking to buy a green laser in a few months.
Currently I own a X-85 from Nova (98mW  avg/102mW peak)
But I like to have one which is significantly more powerfull and brighter. (at least it must be able to reliably light all kinds matches of all colors)

Will the adjustable RPL260 be a good choice or are there other alternatives?

I almost forgot: It should have a runtime of approx 10 minutes

diachi

Well you could get an adjustable RPL 260, that would be a great choice, but your supposed to really only run that for 5-7 minutes constant with atleast 2 minutes off.

On the other hand you could get the Herculese from www.laserglow.com and that could run for 10 minutes constantly with no problems.

The Hercules from LaserGlow seems like best option for you, it will be pretty pricey though. You could get a good labby for that price too, if you are willing to sacrifice portability you could get a much more powerful greenie for a nice price.

im looking for a portatable one with good batery, i dont want to burn anything, i just want a long distance small beam
i have a 30mw one ( sony optiarc diode ), similar to the newwith with 2xaaa , it works great, but at 200m the beam it like 20cm,,, is this normal?

if you have to choose between this opcions, wich one its the best?

dealextreme.com / details.dx/sku.469 <- already have this one ( or quite similar but with ir filter )
sku.1371 <- the diference between 30 a 50 its notable?
sku.12595
sku.12896
sku.11047 <- i love the design of this one and the price its grat

which one should i chose ?

styropyro said:
The Hercules from LaserGlow seems like best option for you, it will be pretty pricey though. You could get a good labby for that price too, if you are willing to sacrifice portability you could get a much more powerful greenie for a nice price.

I believe the Hercules will be the best option if it comes to runtime but i've read that some adjustable RPL's have 100% dutycycle with the correct power level and that RPL has better burning capabilities than the Herc.
On the other hand, Herc runs on regular D cells or even with an adapter.

How does the Hulk Ultra from DL compare to RPL or Herc?

Oh and where can I find good labby's for that price? The ones on Laserglow(lowest cost green) are a lot more expensive than the Herc.

diachi

The labbies can possibly be more powerful with better specs, I think your best with an RPL or a Herc though.

Diachi

Razako

The herc is a great choice if you want a portable laser that you can leave on for long periods of time. You can plug it into the wall with an adapter and run it like you would a labby. Also it works with common D batteries which can be seen as a pro or a con. I prefer 18650's myself.

The herc also has a RPL style pot on the outside of the laser that you can use to adjust the output without damaging the laser. You can turn it down a bit and leave the thing on for a long time.