Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Which glasses for 650nm 200mw?

Jhop

Hello, i have on order a 650nm 200mw pocket laser from Sanwu. I was wondering what glasses to get. i wear prescription glasses so the larger goggle type would be ideal. I looked on eagles website but they have ons that range up to 640 but not 650 or 800+. is 650nm not as hazardous?

I have a pair of these from Survival Laser, they work well in that range, but they unfortunately are not slipover style for prescription eyeglass wearers.
I wear prescription glasses myself, and I put these over my glasses, they work, but they don't fit near as well as dedicated slipover style glasses.

Edit: A while back, I had asked Gary at Survival Laser about carrying a slipover style for this part of the spectrum, but at the time he couldn't get them.

Last edited:
Cool, thanks. I'll have to graba pair. Curious question, how dangerous would it be to shine a 250mw 650nm laser in a basement at a concrete wall. not reflective at all. Without glasses?

Last edited:
Cool, thanks. I'll have to graba pair. Curious question, how dangerous would it be to shine a 250mw 650nm laser in a basement at a concrete wall. not reflective at all. Without glasses?

What's the distance between your eyes and the wall?

Jhop, I forgot to mention in my last post that Survival Laser has a 10% discount for LPF members; it's LPF445 I believe. :yh:

Back