Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which company to go with?

Big

Hi Everyone :)

I am looking to buy another (possibly 2 more) lasers, but I'm unsure what company to go with. I had my mind set on lazerer, but it seemed like people were upset with their recent purchases....

So I'm asking the community, what laser website is the best to order from? By best I mean a combination of quality and inexpensiveness. I have been looking at laserbtb, o-like, and lazerer, as well as the old websites that I know dragonlasers and wickelasers, but those two are still quite expensive compared to the first three.

Anyone had any recent (6 months or less) very good or very bad experiences from the first three websites I named? Of course, I will be reviewing the lasers that I purchase, but advice of which company always helps :)

Go with Laserbtb, o-like and lazerer have gone downhill. DL is decent, mostly positive reviews. WL is still on the road to recovery

nueces

FWIW ... It took me one evening on the web to figure out that the absolute best provider of lasers is one of the custom builders right here on this site. Hands down. No contest. :wave:

Big

I emailed laserbtb, lazerer, and o-like a bit before writing the OP, and the first company to respond was o-like. Thinking about dropping 70 bucks on their 300mW violet (could be risky) but who knows, maybe they will make a comeback :) If laserbtb responds then I'll purchase a 300mW green from them. I feel like a company that gets back to you this fast deserves some attention, and it 'might' be beneficial to take the risk... I guess I'll see soon!

You could get a 500mW 405nm from Blord here instead, for $110. this guy stands behind what he does, and responds as well or better than any company I've dealt with.

I should mention he's not the only builder, there are many many great people here, many living within the U.S. that are also superb

Last edited:
Well WL responds within a few hours, too. I don't see them housing overspec quality products :thinking:

I know you said DL is a bit expensive but I just ordered from them and had a great experience. Only 8 days to the east coast us. But I have to agree that lpf hassle the best. In terms of quality and pricing. I'm very new here and have bough from two members with fantastic results. Once you go lpf, you won't go back.

Big

You could get a 500mW 405nm from Blord here instead, for $110. this guy stands behind what he does, and responds as well or better than any company I've dealt with.

I should mention he's not the only builder, there are many many great people here, many living within the U.S. that are also superb

Thank you very much for this... might have saved me lots of time and hassle, and 500mW is a lot more power than I would expect from a company created laser @$110 - know anyone that does greens? :D

Blord made me a green, but I am pretty sure he made it with a pre-made module. 532nm lasers are DPSS, meaning the diode is IR, not green. 520nm lasers are diodes, but the color is bluer and just the diode costs around $100. 520nm lasers also don't peak much over 100mW. for a person to build a 532nm green, one would need to do crystal aligning and everything else involved in making a DPSS laser. I don't know anyone who does this here, though many use pre assembled modules that they essentially stick in a host and maybe add a driver.

in short, for a high power 532nm laser, I'd go with a company like jetlasers, optotronics, laserglow, or CNI

Big

Thanks for the info, I pmed him :)

Will see what I can do about getting a greenie from a company... >:)