Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Whats the difference?

Does anyone know what the difference would be between DragonLasers Viper 125mW and their Hulk 75 - 100mW other than the 20mW difference and the price.

the hulk is a bigger laser than the pen style viper, with a 100% duty cycle (can be left on indefinitely), a bigger beam diameter (so less burning power per mW as it's spread over a larger area), a constant on switch (you press it, and it stays on til you press it again, unlike a pen style where you keep the button held down), and an aperture shutter.

marianne said:
the hulk is a bigger laser than the pen style viper, with a 100% duty cycle (can be left on indefinitely), a bigger beam diameter (so less burning power per mW as it's spread over a larger area), a constant on switch (you press it, and it stays on til you press it again, unlike a pen style where you keep the button held down), and an aperture shutter.

Hmm ok, so bigger beam diameter the easier to see I assume?

I have a Viper 75mW at the moment and looking at the Hulks for my laser shows as in theory my Viper isn't supposed to be switched on for longer than 7 seconds.

7 seconds?? eep. as for a fatter beam being more visible, well... i would assume that a fatter beam would be dimmer, as the light was spread out over a larger area.