Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

what other parts do i need

bigjoe100

780nm 808nm 980nm High Transmittance IR Laser Focusing D16mm F39mm Glass Lens

5.6mm 850nm 1000mw Laser Diode
Working current: 1.3A
Working Voltage: 2.5V

DC 2.7-9V 10mA-300mA Laser Diode LD Diver Circuit Board Power Supply ACC

what other parts do i need

1st issue I see is you have a power supply with a max of 300ma when your diode needs 1.3A........ I wonder if you didn't do this just to get someone talking to you ???

Also you should post links to your parts.

Finally what are you making ? That is..... What is it's intended purpose ?

bigjoe100

1st issue I see is you have a power supply with a max of 300ma when your diode needs 1.3A........ I wonder if you didn't do this just to get someone talking to you ???

Also you should post links to your parts.

Finally what are you making ? That is..... What is it's intended purpose ?
Hi RedCowboy, I am doing this for future youtube showcases and I will also be doing an assembly video.

would this be a great alternative? I cannot post links. 1676221333132.png

Last edited:
Hi RedCowboy, I am doing this for future youtube showcases and I will also be doing an assembly video.

would this be a great alternative? I cannot post links. View attachment 75714

Depending on the laser diode and driver you use you could get by with a lower current supply as long as the voltage is high enough to give enough power and you use a high efficiency Buck driver that can supply enough current at a lower voltage like those of many IR diodes.

would this be a great alternative? I cannot post links. View attachment 75714

bigjoe100 have you worked with lasers before and do you own any lasers now ?

bigjoe100 what's your youtube channel name?

Have you ever posted laser videos before ?

What kind of laser safety glasses do you have ?

Do you understand that lasers over 5mw can cause permanent damage to your vision ?

bigjoe100 do you know what color an 850nm laser beam will be ?

Why are you building an 850nm laser for a " showcase " and what do you mean by " showcase " ?

p.s. You might ask why we are so concerned about laser safety when people can buy a gun, well guns have been in common use for centuries and people know what guns are and what they will do, but lasers are not as well understood by the general public, not yet, so it's our duty to ask a few questions and impart some basic safety information, plus we can better help you if we understand what it is you want to do.

Last edited: