Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What is the beam diameter of your green Lazerer?

I am still waiting for my Classic 150 to be repaired/replaced, but I was wondering if anyone could chime in on what they are measuring for beam diameter is at the aperture. Mine was ~1mm. Knowing that beam diameter and divergence are inversely related, I am confused as to how the handful of reviews on this site state a divergence of 1.1 mRad. :huh:

The divergence of a beam is proportional to its wavelength and inversely proportional to the diameter of the beam at its smallest point.

The smallest point is not at the aperture though.... at least typically that's not the case, and you also don't need to know this in order to calculate mRad... only beam diameter at an initial point, and at a second point, and the distance in between.

Also bear in mind that plenty of people simply copy over whatever is written on the website from where they order, and that information is rarely accurate.

I don't feel like looking up the formula, or the specifics, so please correct me if I'm wrong:p

This is the app that converts beam divergence to mRad

Last edited:
Sorry bout that I didn't mean to quote you in that response. I figured he could use it to see if his laser would also measure out to 1.1 mRad

I know how to calculate it. :thanks: I was getting 1.5+ mRad with mine.

Can anyone that has a green laser from Lazerer tell me what your beam diameter is at the aperture?:anyone:

Have three greenies from him. Two are the 100mW mini, the beam diameter at aperture is <1mm.

For the other, it's a 200mW classic/transformable host, the beam diameter is 1.2mm.

Have three greenies from him. Two are the 100mW mini, the beam diameter at aperture is <1mm.

For the other, it's a 200mW classic/transformable host, the beam diameter is 1.2mm.

What are you measuring for divergence on those?

To be honest, never bothered.

The divergence on the minis is terrible... no need to measure, it's visually apparent.

On the other one it's good. If I'm bored over the weekend, I'll measure it.

Cool. :thanks:

I make no promises... already had three long islands, have a long weekend ahead of me, one new camera, one new monitor, two computers to build and one ssd to install (for me, so crapload of installs but my first ssd:D) but if I can get to it I promise I will:)

IMO once you see enough lasers you will see the difference without having to do the math. Thing is for pointers, unless you're dealing with really terrible divergence, it really doesn't matter.

In general I have found it to be exceedingly rare to find a green laser from a cheaper source with good beam specs, beam diameter and divergence.

The one I got from lazerer actually easily matches the one I picked up from jetlasers in the last GB... so despite having four lasers in the same host, it's the only one I'm keeping.

Anyway... If I get to it, you'll be the first to know:p