Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What is a laser dazzler? Just out of curiosity

Chuckh

I only wonder because I saw a couple laser sellers with those listed as one of the things they have. I did not see that here in these forums. I noticed that these dazzlers are green lasers too. I noticed that they are also crazy expensive. I am assuming they must have filters to block out all the infrared. I would never want to buy such a thing nor use a laser in such a manner as that but I just couldn't help but wonder what the differences are between those and other laser pointers.

diachi

I only wonder because I saw a couple laser sellers with those listed as one of the things they have. I did not see that here in these forums. I noticed that these dazzlers are green lasers too. I noticed that they are also crazy expensive. I am assuming they must have filters to block out all the infrared. I would never want to buy such a thing nor use a laser in such a manner as that but I just couldn't help but wonder what the differences are between those and other laser pointers.

They are designed to flash blind and disorientate people but not do permanent damage. Usually used as to drive an attacker away before they can get close enough to do harm.

joeyss

Yeah I tried these by using a lens that makes my newwishs into a flashlight. Green is really effective. 561 Really messes up your cones as it makes 589nm look RED.

Red and green together will really mess your eyes up. As they take out your 2 cones temporarily.

They also have LED versions which flash red green and blue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LED_Incapacitator

my neighbor had a military dazzler that he borrowed from his base and one night after i shined a laser i see this bright green dot in my window. I shined 2 532nms and my 405nm on the roof of his garage.

He used it in Afghanistan to single cars to stop. One time before that I came home I seen a ACP with miltary colors going down the drive way as I was about to go up. I just put my car in reverse and backed away fast. Then I see him laugh his ass off. I was like WTF when i first saw it.

Last edited: