Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What aspect of lasers interests you the most?

luke_j

LOL i like the beams and shining it through stuff like crystals that sort of stuff

lol, everyone is obsessed with burning stuff!

Personally i love the light shows from scanners, it what sold me...

I may buy a single green just diode or pointer one of these days to play with thoe..
after seeing what you guys do with them, could be new toys to play with..

I just bought a bunch of UV leds off the net, not quite sure why yet but im sure ill find a good use for them! haha single pointer next :p

Ace82

Switch said:
Burning and pretty, shiny lights sums it up for me :D
You know what would suck? An IR lightsaber.Call an ambulance! I need to get my leg reattached again....didn't know it was on...

Yeah, but you would hear it. And by that time, you could get as many robotic limbs as you wish! ;D

Switch

Yea but maybe the music was really loud....you know I like to play with my lightsaber while listening to music :D

I may buy a single green just diode or pointer one of these days to play with thoe..

I just bought a bunch of UV leds off the net, not quite sure why yet but im sure ill find a good use for them! haha single pointer next

So you have tons of scanners and stuff but no handheld? :p I wanna buy 40 UV leds of DX and make a big uv flashlight thingy, but I hate the fact that they're not really UV, they're pretty visible :p And the visible light not only messes with the fluorescence , it doesn't even fluoresce some of the stuff because the wave is too long.

Razako

Switch said:
Yea but maybe the music was really loud....you know I like to play with my lightsaber while listening to music :D

I just bought a bunch of UV leds off the net, not quite sure why yet but im sure ill find a good use for them! haha single pointer next

So you have tons of scanners and stuff but no handheld? :p I wanna buy 40 UV leds of DX and make a big uv flashlight thingy, but I hate the fact that they're not really UV, they're pretty visible :p And the visible light not only messes with the fluorescence , it doesn't even fluoresce some of the stuff because the wave is too long.
If you want a lot of uv your best option from dx is the UltraFire 1W uv torch.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10709
You could also buy a ton of these and combine them.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4334

Gazoo

For me it's pretty simple. I am always in awe as to how so much light can come out of a tiny little diode... ;D And of course it's burning capabilities. The beam itself always impresses me. I do like the different colors too, the bly-ray is my favorite.

Ace82 said:
Schrecken_Licht, I love you. :) "The dark side", you bad little Sith.... so I presume you would have a red light saber huh? I would have a blue one.

I love having "the power of the sun at your finger tip", can't remember where I read that..... :p

Lasers fascinate me because the science/physics of them mainly, and all the characteristics they produce.

But I wonder if a red light saber would be a 660nm or a 635? ;D I think I'd rather have a 635 - nice bright shade of red!

for me its their illuminating beauty and their power. the beam is the thing that drew me to lasers, and the burning(i'm technically a pyro :p ;) ).

Mostly the beautiful beam on a dark cloudless night. Even reds look good

Ok so i orderd 100 UV leds, iknow they arnt 100% acual UV but they still make things glow like a black light atleast thats the plan.. a Big CIS style light is defintly on the list.. not quite sure what else to make yet..

I may buy a couple single laser modules to play with.. either 30 or 50mw Green and prob 80-100mw Red..

Also bought 4 pc fans and 1 other single dc motor today :) just need little mirrors now :)