Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wavien Night Navigator

A friend that used to work with me and knew about my recent flashlight addiction told me about this light. I guess it was shown off at CES. It looks like a monster. Other than the throw, the specs don't seem to be very good though. 2200 lumen from a 50W LED. The page talks about its unique square beam pattern. Personally, I can stand square beams or spots.

Wavien, Inc. - Night Navigator ? Large

Website won't load.

That it has a square beam pattern... probably means an aspheric lens? An SST90 fully driven and an aspheric would probably achieve the same result or better.

Finally loaded;

square-beamv2.jpg

That looks like the output from any asperic.

Last edited:
This is cool because it makes use of wavien's light recycling technology, which increases the surface brightness, which increases lux.

OSTS's DEFT-X makes use of the wavien much better than wavien's own light. The DEFT-X focuses up to 900,000cd, and does it using an XP-G2.

https://omglumens.com/DEFT.php

Last edited:
Yes indeed, if your pockets are deep enough for this light, they're deep enough to hold it too.

Funny to see Saabluster mention in his thread how even he can't really afford to own one of his own lights, or how Koenigsegg is still hoping to someday be able to pick up one of his cars for himself, used of course.

The base light looks to be a "supbeam k40"