Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wanted: DIY red burner

JSP4th

I want to build my own fairly small burner and rather than wasting components i was wondering if someone would build me one so i can tinker with it and have something to look at when i build my own. it has to be cheap and doesn't have to be super powered (enough to lite matches ect...) cauz when i build my own i want like 400mw (make fire!!!) so anyone that can make something like a flashlight burner for lets say 25 bucks and wants to cahrge a little more id be happy to put a little cash in your pocket. but i am set on it being easy to take apart, study, and have something to experiment with without breaking it. and i know something that plugs in the wall and sits on a desk would be better than a flashlight.....but i'm saving the desktop for when i build my own...mostly bc the components will be bigger (Radio Shack + no experience) Lazer Gazer :cool:

Amnizu

Good luck getting 400mW out of just about any diode that would be suitable for a DIY project. The most I've heard of is Kenom's 320mW Kryton barrel, and that was just a stress test, it's ordinarily around 250mW for diode longevity. At 400mW, it won't live very long. I mean, you could do it, but it might only live for a few hours at most.

Oh and just so you know, "doesn't have to be super powered (just enough to light matches ect.)" that's about 100mw which is pretty powerful and most likely will cost you more than 25 dollars even just for the components, but good luck.

chido

Dude, you're going to need WAY more than 25 bucks if you want someone to build you a laser.

JSP4th

i ment that if you could make it for 25 bucks , if you had most of the stuff, i'd pay more like 100.00

SMIDSY

My DIY laser cost easily $50 to build but I used lots of switched. For a box and diode and driver and batteries etc it will still cost like 40.

chido

Well, your first laser is always going to cost you a lot since you also need to buy the necessary tools if you don't already have them, here's all the stuff I've bought and still need to buy to make my first laser:

Laser diode preinstalled in aixiz housing: $26.50
Laser diode driver parts: $10.44
Digital Multimeter: $20.00
650nm protection goggles: $40.00
Vice: $12.00 (needed to press diodes into modules and to press modules into heatsinks)
Aluminum enclosure: $12.00 (without shipping)
Aluminum for making a heatsink $20.00 (just a guess)

So the total comes out at 141 bucks.
ahh.gif
;D

chido said:
Well, your first laser is always going to cost you a lot since you also need to buy the necessary tools if you don't already have them, here's all the stuff I've bought and still need to buy to make my first laser:
ahh.gif
;D
You mean you have yet make a Laser ;D
What do you do with all those Diodes :eek:, hidden them under your bed ::)

chido

I needed to get goggles first before I started building anything, plus I still need to find some other stuff, I posted about this a while ago so please don't remind me. :-[  ;D

PS, they are in a little box under my bed.
laughing-smiley-015.gif

glona

iv got right besidea 160mw laser naed they burn exact same when colminated same can do evrey thign same so 160mw give or take a few mw