Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Want to buy an IR filter for a green

Well I have one that fits LED shoppe lasers. If you take off the front cap, the filter snaps right on the lens then you can put the cap right back on!!!! But the problem is that I dont want to sell it LOL... A lot of members here use the wicked lasers CORE for the host... you can ask arround for the lens out of it, or buy an old beat up CORE on e-bay :) But It would be much more easy to buy the IR filter from www.optotronics.co m for like $5 :)
-Dustin

But optotronics seems out of stock of their IR filters at the moment.

KiLLrB

break a cheap web cam and take it off the ccd sensor i think most have them i took the filter out of mine so i could use it to see ir laser light.

Last edited:
break a cheap web cam and take it off the ccd sensor i think most have them i took the filter out of mine so i could use it to see ir laser light.

Totally forgot about that. If you can usually disassemble & reassemble things back into working order then this is the cheapest IR filter you can get.

How do you measure the IR output?
you filter out the green and what is left is the IR then you measure that. And i can sell you IR filters with 97% of green light passing through... and it only lets 0.5% IR go through... if you want, lol im trying to buy some too but i found a suplier that sells 14mm X 14mm X 1mm blocks of those for 4$ each interested? you can cut it to size every time you need an IR filter

this may be a dumb question, but im thinking about buying a laser from rayfoss that doesnt have an IR filter, can i put my own IR filter on it? cuz its significantly cheaper w/o the filter, also.. will adding an IR filter make the beam dimmer?

LtMazz

this may be a dumb question, but im thinking about buying a laser from rayfoss that doesnt have an IR filter, can i put my own IR filter on it? cuz its significantly cheaper w/o the filter, also.. will adding an IR filter make the beam dimmer?

Talk to Faona she should put one in for you if you ask. She added one to my 150mw greenie for free. So shoot her an email before or right after you order and let her know ya want one.