Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wanna make my own cheap show, dont have any equipment

Well heres the posiedon laser.

5247687459_91083854bf_z.jpg

Notice the extra "bonus" included with the projector sitting on top :)

5248291324_3c25c41fb4_z.jpg

Rear, showing the controls, ILDA port, mode switch, interlocks and SD card.

I will shoot video later on. I need to disable my smoke alarm first - using the fog machine with it armed is asking for trouble :)

nice photos! unfortunatly my budget has gone worse....now it is like 550 dollar max :p

vk2fro

I'm gonna wait till new years to shoot the video so you guys can compare it with some other cheaper laser show units. It also means that we can have loud music (out on the farm, we can turn it up to nightclub levels without any complaints from even the kangaroos) :)

There is also a larger area to run it, so the laser will look a lot more impressive. One of the automated patterns is a bit scary - static beams firing around the axis of the ouput window, this is my only dislike about this laser.

It comes with a key switch (which looks like it could be easily picked :p), an interlock port, ilda input, the SDcard reader (that you put ilda files on), and DMX ports. You can select which ilda file to project using a DMX lighting desk. This could be convenient if a laptop is either not available, or you only need to do basic show work.

I really need to pull myself together and load up that SD card with some ILDA frames for new years. Not long to go and I have 5 days down in tassie where I cannot work with the laser! Since the place where the laptop was going to be is easily accessable from all the guest, I'm more inclined to use a cheap $150 DMX desk, as if it gets a beverage soaking I've only ruined a cheap dmx control, not a $2800 computer and DAC. I'm going to advise the host (also the DJ) that we make the sound/light desk a drink free area though.

Borg, definatly save a little longer - this *IS* one of the better cheap china projectors. I'd seriously advise on not getting the cheaper shinp model - as we all saw, mine failed within 2 hours, with 2 of the laser blowing out. Do, however get it from dj.lover on ebay - he is one of the best chinese sellers I have worked with, as you saw, replacing the diode, then the entire projector. I have no reason or gain by continuing to mention him, except that I was extremely pleased with the service he provided. I was half thinking I'd blown my money as some of those china sellers can be very shall we say, unhelpful when it comes to warranty claims :p

edit: I have a DMX lighting controller - have been fiddling for half the day but get an error relating to the SD card. I need to delve deeper and see if I cant fix the problem - then I can try some ILDA show files from the laser. I can control the inbuilt (dmx control) stuff, but not whats on the SD card. Just need to configure it right.

edit 2: got it working - I had the laser intesnity setting on the back set to 0 = no laser whatsoever. Controlling this through the DMX controller (by setting it to 99 and using a slider) fixed it :)

Last edited: