Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

w00t! My Lazerer LZCS 650nm 200mW and ZoneStealth goggles are in! *pics*

This is my first laser other than the generic <5mW Walmart/Flea Market laser.
The lazer: LZCS - 650nm 200mW Focusable Red Laser Pointer
The Goggles: Protection Glasses for 650nm Red Laser

I ordered the laser and goggles on 11/5 and received both today (11/17).

The laser came in a white box with the lettering "Green Laser Pointer" and came with no documentation other than a small paper tucked in the tube that stated "+ ve toward spring".

I have no clue what the duty cycle is so I hope I don't kill it. I'll try to not get too carried away when using it.

I opted for Lazerer's $3 power certificate so I'd have an idea exactly what I was getting. The laser tested at 240mW which is 20% overspec so I'm satisfied with that!

The goggles that I purchased from Laser2go.com had me baffled for a few seconds. I thought there was something wrong with the laser because I couldn't see ANY output at all. From about 10 feet across a daytime lit room, there is ZERO visible dot on a white wall at any focus level.
In a dark room after dark, the dot is very faintly visible on a white wall at around 6 feet.
In a lit room it's noticable within 3 feet.
Up close, the focused dot appears as either a tiny red speck when not burning, and a very bright green speck when burning things.
The goggles are labeled on the lens as 190-380 & 600-760nm OD4+.

Without goggles, the beam is barely visible in a dimly lit room and visible but dim in a dark room at night. I guess I need to find someone with a fog machine to see if it produces a "Wow factor".

I've done all the standard noob testing such as popping balloons, burning holes in a CD case, cutting thin plastic, poking holes in Credit cards, etc. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to do any distance balloon popping yet because I can't see well enough to aim.

Overall I am very satisfied with both the laser and the safety goggles.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 179
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 159
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 165
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 164
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 225
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:

Good Good I just got mine too. Exact same laser as yours. mine rates at 264mW and it works like a charm

Very nice!
I was hoping for 250+ but since this is my first real laser, I wouldn't really know the difference anyway so I'm still happy. ;)

Nice review +1. Thats a really nice laser, and 240mw is very good burning power for your first >5mw laser. Im really going to have to get my next laser from Lazerer. I keep hearing good things in reviews and they are always overspec or up to spec.

You will not be disappointed trust me. Im VERY impressed with that seller. Best for beginners. :)

I've done all the standard noob testing such as popping balloons, burning holes in a CD case, cutting thin plastic, poking holes in Credit cards, etc. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to do any distance balloon popping yet because I can't see well enough to aim.

congrats with the laser :beer: but how come you can't see well enhough to aim? I guess your sight is pretty damaged then right? I am just curious sorry :)

greetings,,

Last edited:
Because I can't see any dot at all through the goggles. I did finally manage to pop some balloons from about 20 feet (6m) without too much trouble. :gun:
btw I your avatar is amazing!

Glasses right... why didn't I think of that :crackup:

Thank you! I can keep watching that cat all day :beer: still funny lol