Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Visualizing the Tenth Dimension

108.jpg

styropyro said:
I think it was Tallaxo who posted this video here a year or so ago in the OT section, it is a great video though! This does deserve to be posted in this section.

Thanks Styro, you have a great memory. ;)

Jase

Justin

Diachi said:
our known 3 dimensions and time :S

I consider it 3.5 because we can only see in one temporal dimension (the past) and cannot see into the future. We don't really live consciously in the 4th dimension so I don't think it's comparable to our 3 spatial dimensions.

Man, I love this stuff. Sweet 'fro by the way. ;)

So technically everything that can will or might has already happened, but everything we do changes what part we see in our timeline?

rathat

I own the book. Great book everyone should buy it. It's a small book, 178 pages the first 15 are that video with the exact same words.

iewed said:
[quote author=HumanSymphony link=1216498679/0#14 date=1216758205][quote author=VillageIdiot link=1216498679/0#11 date=1216723546]Man, now I know what you look like I can't take you seriously. Whenever I try to read your posts I fantasize about sleeping in your fro.
LMMFAO! it's just a damn fro! then again, my kind has never been taken seriously  ::)[/quote]

If by "your kind" you mean black, well than I too am of "your kind" and I've thought that I've been taken seriously around here. Although I wouldn't mind changing my avatar, it was a quick MS Paint job that has lasted me nearly 500 post.[/quote]
yea i means blacks lol. just pointin out history my friend. heck i'm even slightly racist againsts blacks. sad to say but their stereotype precedes them. they are all mostly gangsters and wannabe thugs. i swear my teachers had heart attacks when they saw how smart i was ::) whats the world coming to when you can't even take your own kind seriously.

Omega

seen this before, its still awesome though :D

and HS, its not like there isnt a white counterpart of that. cept theyre far far worse. i have about 10 times as many white-kids-who-think-theyre-blacks as actual black kids at my school T.T;

Switch

It's a totally awesome video but I dont like one thing.For the flatlanders to actually move they would need time, and time is the 4th dimention :-/ But then again they did say they made a few logical shortcuts to make it easier to understand.It just makes me wanna buy the book. ;D

bhig3

Cool video, but this isn't real science. It is based on String theory, which cannot be proven nor shown real evicence for. It is still neat to think about and conceive though!.

bhig3 said:
Cool video, but this isn't real science.  It is based on String theory, which cannot be proven nor shown real evicence for.  It is still neat to think about and conceive though!.

regardless if it can be proven or not, all the mathematics work. String Theory + M Theory can be proven mathematically.

TheGr8Revealing said:
regardless if it can be proven or not, all the mathematics work. String Theory + M Theory can be proven mathematically.

With the right set of assumptions, 1=2 can be proven mathematically.

Math can only prove that something is internally self-consistent, not that something is true. It is usually the case that things that are true are internally self-consistent, so we tend to equate the two states, but this can be a trap because the relationship is not commutable.

VW

Apparently this video isn't credible as to what the other dimentions actually are...

Foobario said:
[quote author=TheGr8Revealing link=1216498679/20#27 date=1218916330]

With the right set of assumptions, 1=2 can be proven mathematically.

Math can only prove that something is internally self-consistent, not that something is true.  It is usually the case that things that are true are internally self-consistent, so we tend to equate the two states, but this can be a trap because the relationship is not commutable.[/quote]

it doesnt just work within itself mathematically. I works within the known laws of physics mathematically. That is why it is such a profound theory.