Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

vid shot with quadcopter

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hi ragebot, thanks for the birdseye view of your Sanwu! :yh:

That does show how badly these diverge. I'll bet you even had a beam expander on it. I've got everything I need to build a cylinder lens corrected NUBM44 and the host takes a Sanwu 3.3X BE. As soon as I finish my current project, this one it next in line. Thanks for sharing your video here.

That does show how badly these diverge. I'll bet you even had a beam expander on it. I've got everything I need to build a cylinder lens corrected NUBM44 and the host takes a Sanwu 3.3X BE. As soon as I finish my current project, this one it next in line. Thanks for sharing your video here.

The horizontal distance was just under 200 yards.

I had been breaking balloons and lighting matches (still editing those vids and may post later) and was having trouble so I took the BE off. I will be reshooting a compare and contrast with the quadcopter with and without the BE.

I am still trying to get up to speed on focusing to pop balloons and light matches. Also have some raw footage of me harassing a centipede with the Sanwu. Was a little shocked that while it did bother the centipede it did not really seem to do any damage. I suspect it was because the focal point was not on any single part long enough.

I also have some vid of using my JL PL-E Pro in red with and without the 10X BE. Kinda bummed out that I could not see the beam, but there was significant light pollution. However there was a beautiful circle with the 10X BE on the JL. The Sanwu even with the 3X BE never got close to a circle; a lot more like a thick line.

Most fun of the night was playing with my three new Sanwu red, green, and violet set; with and without the dazzlers. Also still post processing the vid of that. Another shock was that while I could not see the beam of the new Sanwu red the beam on the green was noticeable and the beam on the violet was easy to see.

All in all a fun night where I learned a lot; including how little I really know about focusing and using a BE.

As a FSU grad visiting for a home football game I will be going football crazy this weekend, but will check in with more vids next week.

When lighting matches, it is best to have the laser stationary and bring the match into the beam. It is really tough to light a match by pointing a laser at one. You can do balloons either way. Though for balloons I like to use a high power single mode 405nm laser. You don't have to worry about focusing the beam as long as the balloons aren't too far away.