Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Very geeky bumpersticker

I saw this and I thought I should post it. Its relating to wavelengths and blueshift's.

If This Sticker Looks Blue You're Driving Too Fast... Bumper Sticker

At first I didn't get it, but when I looked it up I read that if you were moving towards a red light source at 1/16 the speed of light, the color red would look blue-green from wavelength compression.

Very interesting and geeky bumpersticker.

Jaseth

Haha that is awesome and very interesting in fact.. I had no idea fast travelling could cause wavelength compression. Only problem with a sticker like this is that 99% of people would think you are weird, and the remaining 1% would probably think you are a geek for not only knowing it, but actually making it into a joke.

Seb

Rob

I saw this and I thought I should post it. Its relating to wavelengths and blueshift's.

If This Sticker Looks Blue You're Driving Too Fast... Bumper Sticker

At first I didn't get it, but when I looked it up I read that if you were moving towards a red light source at 1/16 the speed of light, the color red would look blue-green from wavelength compression.

Very interesting and geeky bumpersticker.

Haha that definitely gave me a laugh. I'd never put that on my car but cool nonetheless for those that actually understand it.

ZRTMWA

1/16th the speed of light is only 41,913,544 mph. That's about what I normally do on the expressway.