Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Um, is it bad that my AAAs are charging to 1.7volt

After pulling off these batteries from the charger, they read 1.7 volts each. I'm not sure if thats a big problem or not. They seem to hold that charge at the same rate as normal use.

Its only this one kind of AAA that does this in this charger. The others are fine.

any ideas?

Re: Um, is it bad that my AAAs are charging to 1.7

put a aload across them and then read them.

Dropped to

!.61 volts

Gazoo

The charger should cut off before it reaches 1.5 volts. My charger cuts off at exactly 1.47 volts every time. What is the brand and mah rating of the batteries and how old are they?

They are 800mah Radioshack brand 15 minute rechargeables.

I don't have a radioshack 15 minute battery charger, but I have one made by energizer. The energizer charges all my Ni-MH AAs and AAAs in 15 minutes like it says. All other normal Ni-MH batteries act and charge normal, but those radioshack batteries don't.

Jago

Gazoo said:
The charger should cut off before it reaches 1.5 volts. My charger cuts off at exactly 1.47 volts every time. What is the brand and mah rating of the batteries and how old are they?

Phazonx said:
They are 800mah Radioshack brand 15 minute rechargeables.

I don't have a radioshack 15 minute battery charger, but I have one made by energizer.  The energizer charges all my Ni-MH AAs and AAAs in 15 minutes like it says.  All other normal Ni-MH batteries act and charge normal, but those radioshack batteries don't.

Nimh batteries are 1.2 volt as far as i know. They might be higher after you've recharged them (my eneloops; 1.37 Volt). But 1.7 volt seems a bit high to me  :eek:. Btw i forgot about them and left them in the charger for 24 hours instead of 8, but there seems to be no problem with these modern batteries if you charge them that slow. :) so i don't really care about the time i leave them in the charger anymore.

[move]---Battery explosion causes giant earthquake in Europe. Suspicious high powered laser pointer being hold for investigations.---[/move]