Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

TTL Specifics

Drk2

I'm looking into buying this blue laser and I need it to be able to be turned on and off very quickly. (TTL modulation) On other Lasers the TTL is listed at "0-5v/0-20kHz" But for this laser I'm looking at it says "TTL---Above 0.82V is high dB.And Below 0.82V is low dB." What does this mean? I'm needing it to be able to turn on and off 10 times faster than the human eye can detect. Thanks for any help.
445nm 450nm 400mW Blue Laser Module TTL Modulation Thick Beam | eBay

Not sure what the decibel ratings are about, it is hard to tell with the language barrier involved in asking Chinese sellers information. The 0.82v bit means that is the trigger point for HIGH/LOW logic levels.

Drk2

So I would have to power it with more than .82v through the TTL in order for it to be on? An Arduino digital pin is rated at 5v, so I wouldn't burn it out would I?

That's the idea. There's no specs on maximum modulation input so I have no idea if it can handle 5V, but I would assume so. If it were my project I'd build the laser module myself and not use an eBay unknown module.