Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Transplant

Ok so I have one of swims super over spec greenies and a torch that I got on eBay.

I like the torch better for the form factor and because it is at least 20mW stronger that he pen but the divergence is terrible and for that I much prefer the pen.

My question is this:

Can I transplant the module from the pen into the torch host without destroying both lasers? Will the module out of the pen be able to handle the power from a lithium cell?

The torch module has a threaded ring around the base of the brass module, how do I take that off?
any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated!

Here is a pic of all included parties.

81f03871.jpg

Yes you can transplant.

That ring (heat sink) is pressed on. Its 50/50 if you can get it off. You'll need a vice, and work out how to use a socket, or tube, to push the ring off the module. Then use the same system to put the ring on the pen module.

Hiemal

I'd include a 1n4007 in series with your lithium battery though, to drop the voltage if it's fully charged to 4.2 volts. You may run the risk of damaging the driver if you don't.