Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Trade or Sell 3.2W 808 Labby complete -NEW

HEllo I just bought a 3.2W 808nm laser from O-Like. It's very powerful, it has about 30 minutes of runtime on new diode of course, the laser is this:
3.2Watt 808nm Infrared laser module£­>808nm,780nm,980nm laser£­>Laser&lighting products£­>www.0-like.com

a 339$ value, complete with module, glass AR coated lens TTL driver (4.5 Amps), perfectly working. I am selling because I ordered a 6w from Herurscience, I have no use for this.

OR I will trade with a built Blue Ray 8x labby possibly with a ttl driver, OR I will trade with a 8X blue ray drive plus 2 6x sleds. (value 180$ for the 8x and 60$ for the 6xs for a total of 240$ value) My loss is your gain.

Shipment from Italy will run you in the $10 range.
Shipment from Europe is much faster then shipment from O-like China.

Sure, if you want I can make some burning videos as well, what would you prefer?
what would you like to see burning at 3.2 Whats??

I just shot a crappy video of the laser....
hope it works to show what it can do, but actually it can do much more
I just could not hold the camera and could not see the beam, and with one unsteady hand it's hard to do anything.
I burned the matches on the opposite side, not the head side, it sets them on fire instantly, of course. It punches a hole through 4mm balsa in a matter of seconds.
this is the video:
YouTube - 3 2w laser

Guys if you are buying the price is $330+ actual shipping.
From Italy it usually takes 4 to 5 days to the US with priority international.
If you like the wimpy little power supply case with the fans unattached just flying around with no purpose just like O-like sends it... then I will mount it again in that case... it's your choice.

I used the bigger plastic case so there is more room to fit a HUGE heatsink for the regulator IC that gets really hot.

Now the IC is much more happy and you can almost touch it withough getting burned.

Not to sound too negative but......

I personally find that a $9.00 saving for a Used and Modified Laser
is not such a great deal when you can get a Brand new one from a
long time trusted seller like Susie for that $9.00 more...
I think getting it from Susie would be money well spent.. and you are
guaranteed a delivery if it gets lost or damaged in transport..

Just my
2c.gif

Jerry

I Agree ! I was lookin, but now...........Im Still Lookin!

Wolfram

Laser sold here in Europe! THANK you anyway. (The laser being new I could have just returned it to Susie and got the full refund. (mounting the driver back into its original case takes a whole 2 minutes.)

You will find out for yourself how well the driver works if you don't take it out of its case, and if you don't put a heatsink on one of the three ICS that are in the driver.
I know because a few people from a forum here have fried a few of these drivers on the 3.2W model and came up with a fix for it, It's all down to heat. The driver is the same used for the 0.8 W, for the 1.6W, for the 2,4 whatt and they stretch it for use on a 3.2W.
Fact is that the IC that's getting hot is rated for maximum output of 3A and it's being pushed to 4A, and screwed to the thin metal case for sinking. The metal case is so whimpy that you can crush it with two fingers, so you can understand how hot the chip runs.
Also if you read the description from O-like it says that you should attach the laser on a metal surface and "use a bigger fan to cool it" so it's saying... please modify it to work! Otherwise it will burn up.
In this case the work was just done for you. The holes for the two fans (one pushing air in , one pulling it out, were done with my cnc router, so they are precise and perfectly round).
Why should a person who just bought a laser a few days before, sell it for so much less?
I offered it for a trade value of 240$ which is with a 8X complete labby (glass 405nm coated lens, TTL driver for laser shows etc.)
That would be a good deal for an exchange of that sort.

Last edited: