Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

"Toothpaste Cap Optic Lens"

Hey LPF people, I have a question about the little lenses you guys put onto toothpaste caps , using the little optics from disposable cameras and <1mW red laser pointers. How do you guys attach the lens to the cap? I don't think using super glue would be a good idea, because of the fumes it releases. I have a CNI NOVA X75, and need a little help putting the lens onto the cap, and the cap onto the laser. Thanks!

I used my girlfriends nail pollish for a adhesive. What lens are you talking about, the IR Filter?

A lens similar to a collimator lens for the NOVA X series lasers. The members on this forum say the lenses from disposable cameras and weak 1mw red laser pointers could be attached to toothpaste caps, which attach to the laser, and improve the strength of the beam.

oh I'v never heard that before. I dont think you can improve a beem with a 1mw laser; well you can, but by only 1mw.... are you talking about focusing it so the beam has better distance??

I think he means focusing his nova's beam with the 1mw's optics ;)

if thats what you meant PointBlankRange then yes it's possible, the beam will focus into a tiny dot at a certain distance, which does not make it any stronger but concentrates all the light at the same point which makes it easier to burn things with.

paper183 said:
I think he means focusing his nova's beam with the 1mw's optics ;)

if thats what you meant PointBlankRange then yes it's possible, the beam will focus into a tiny dot at a certain distance, which does not make it any stronger but concentrates all the light at the same point which makes it easier to burn things with.

Do you have any idea how to fit the lens into the cap? Then put the cap onto the laser?