Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The laser I built whilst waiting for my other laser to turn up!

Title says it all really.
Parts used:
PHR-805 Diode 405nm, 100-120mW - Detailed item view - OdicForce Lasers Online Shop
Variable Current Step-up (Boost) 405nm Laser Driver Board - Detailed item view - OdicForce Lasers Online Shop
Cree flashlight host from ebay: New Fashionable CREE Q5 LED 7W Zoomable Flashlight Zoom Torch 400 Lumens HOT dy | eBay
7198-405nm-phr-805t-135ma-3-ele-lens-cree-body-custom-heatsink.jpg

7201-405nm-phr-805t-135ma-3-ele-lens-cree-body-custom-heatsink.jpg

7203-uncollminated-laser-diode-beam-no-lens.jpg

Basically the -ve (battery) is connected to the switch and the driver sits lengthways under the heatsink, in line with the battery.
I have done very little to change the mechanics of the flashlight operation, except now it has a laser module, not an LED one! (o and the green twisty bit is just for show now ;))

Nice! What are you using for a heatsink?
Basically it is the aixiz module focusing half with its threads in a 6mm thick copper washer that sits in the old LED holder (aluminium). I will take a pic if u want, although I cant seperate the heatsink w/o disconecting the battery feed.

edit:
WOW I GOT A REP! (yay)

Last edited:
Nice looking build in a great host. That 6mm thick copper washer should do the job for a laser of this power. Well done.