Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tail Safety Pin Issues.

Clint

Recently got a 1.2W 445nm Pro PL-E.
Great looking and great feeling laser, however after unpacking everything and trying it out, I find that the tail safety pin was not shipped with my package.

I'll be e-mailing and asking for one to be shipped to me, however in the meantime is there anything that will plug the hole and allow me to use the laser?

I plugged the laser in using the AC port and it works just fine, However, I really want to take it outside for an astronomy grouping shortly and would appreciate any quickfixes for this issue.

(PS, I've tried a small audio jack and It didn't work despite seeming to fit perfectly.)

With the audio jack you will have to solder the wires together. Just snip the end of the pkug and put a dab of solder on all the wires binding them together. Should be good to go then.

I don't know if it's all the PL-E series of hosts or just the PL-E Pro that their 473nm uses but I know there was an issue with the tail cap and some of them were being shipped with the tail pin bypassed until the issue could be resolved. It's not really intended for tech support but you could post over in the Group Buy thread and ask about it there. I'm sure either Gray who works for JL in China or Hak who is their rep in the US could help you.

Just be *very* careful if you're using that for astronomy because 1.2W can cause eye damage literally in less than a blink of the eye even from reflections. For Astronomy you can't really beat a lower powered green pen.

Clint

Yeah, I used to have a green one that was fine but it burnt out a while ago (had it for a while so it was to be expected)
I was going to go ahead and buy another low powered one but I had extra money and Wanted to get a nice high end professional one.

Safety goggles and clear skies (Plus an astronomy degree on my end) should keep all people involved safe and educated.

The original issue still isn't resolved however, I've tried several different audio jacks now (with soldered wires) and still not getting any usage with batteries...
Starting to think there may be something wrong with the tailcap?

Will e-mail Gary and ask for his opinion.

Last edited: