Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

sweet switch

that is pretty sweet. neat little video to explain it too.

'd like to see those in a spirograph (spelling??) :)

sk8er4514 said:
that is pretty sweet. neat little video to explain it too.

'd like to see those in a spirograph (spelling??) :)

What would you have it do in a spirograph?

They seem really cool but also sound pretty expensive. It also doesnt sound like we can just buy 1 or 2 to try em out either :(

Whoa, touch sensitive switches. Isn't that a little dangerous for lasers? I mean, you could be just holding it and accidentally set it off quite easily.

I mean, as cool as it would be, that's pretty dangerous...

Switch

Oh kewl! I want an Active Touch aluminiun PC keyboard :p That would be totally sweet.

Murudai said:
Whoa, touch sensitive switches. Isn't that a little dangerous for lasers? I mean, you could be just holding it and accidentally set it off quite easily.

I mean, as cool as it would be, that's pretty dangerous...

From what I understood the sensitivity is a variable, but it might require a trigger guard of some type maybe just enough of a recess to avoid accidental contact. Did you read the part about the switch being incorporated into the housing of a device in such a way that the switch is not visible. A properly designed secret switch(s) could provide very effective safety. I've thought about magnetic hidden switches or even one of those fingerprint readers ;), but something like this might be easier. I didn't see any pricing, did anybody?

P.S. Did you notice the all the materials that can be used for the interface surface: glass, ceramic, granite!!!