Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sweet, Dragonlasers fixed my lens for free :]

yDpO9.png

I was being a dumbass and melted my spartan 1w 445nm lens, so i sent it back to them (after the warranty has expired) and they are not charging me for fixing my lens. They initially said repair would be less than 30 bucks. All i have to pay for is the return shipping (which is 32 bucks to USA).

d-('-' )z

Melted what, now? How can you melt your lens?

I hope this is not a final collimator lens we're talking about here, because if that melted, it means it's plastic, and that means really-bad-design-idea.

Plastic lens will always melt under Class IV high-energy wavelenght, no matter how many times you replace it.

Melted what, now? How can you melt your lens?

I hope this is not a final collimator lens we're talking about here, because if that melted, it means it's plastic, and that means really-bad-design-idea.

Plastic lens will always melt under Class IV high-energy wavelenght, no matter how many times you replace it.

I think he means the plastic housing which holds the collimating lens.

It melts on my O-like tactical.

Edit: Unless of course he left it on for ages and the lens distorted.

Last edited:
Yeah no kidding there...I've had mine for over a year now never had a problem with it. Maybe they changed to a plastic lens now.

Burning cigarette ash fell into the lens, first time it's happened in over 200 cigarettes. I just wasn't being careful :p

Oh that! If that's the case, this is one terrific example of some good customer support from Dragon. I wonder if they took the hint from all the bad things happening here.

I'm really glad for you, SpaceCase, having to pay extra for the lens would suck.

TuhOz

Woah thats nice support from Dragonlasers.
But the shipping isn't so cheap...

Yea I have honestly had nothing but good service from dragon lasers. I have owned a couple of there lasers. I actually LPM'd my hulk 100mW today and it peaked at 184mW and only dropped to 173mW after 5 minutes of continuous use. :drool:

I'd imagine you'd only get this type of free service with the more expensive lasers.

Out of interest what else have you purchased from them?

I also have a viper 35mW which I have LPM'd at 83mw peak and 67mW after 5 minutes. Dragon Lasers was just as helpful with my 35mW as they were with my hulk 100mW. My friend dan also purchased a Hulk Ultra 250mW that peaked at 374mw and only dropped to 351mW after 5 minutes of continuous use.

While DL prices are a little steep I think the added customer support and quality is worth it. Although I don't think I would buy the higher power spartan model lasers because in my opinion they don't have enough heat sinking but I always want more heat sinking in my lasers.. My friends Hulk Ultra 250mW can run for 8 minutes straight at room temp without even getting warm.

Last edited:
YAY i just got my laser back! I think Dragonlasers not only fixed the lens problem, but i think they might have sent me a brand new laser (or at least a brand new host). This host has a little stamp on the end indicating what direction the batteries go in, but whats neatest of all is that this new host came with a little cap that screws on the end... so i won't have to worry about particles getting into the lens when it's not in use.

EDIT: My only issue with this new laser that they sent me is that the beam comes out at a pretty large angle, almost so much that it touches the side of the output cap. It's not too big of a deal though.

awwww yeeeaaaahhh that was awesome service. d-('-' )z

Last edited:
YAY i just got my laser back! I think Dragonlasers not only fixed the lens problem, but i think they might have sent me a brand new laser (or at least a brand new host). This host has a little stamp on the end indicating what direction the batteries go in, but whats neatest of all is that this new host came with a little cap that screws on the end... so i won't have to worry about particles getting into the lens when it's not in use.

EDIT: My only issue with this new laser that they sent me is that the beam comes out at a pretty large angle, almost so much that it touches the side of the output cap. It's not too big of a deal though.

awwww yeeeaaaahhh that was awesome service. d-('-' )z

Glad to hear that you had a good experience with DL. I actually just got my Hulk 100 to peak at 201mW :drool: last night. Usually at room temp it hangs around 175-180 but because I was using the laser outside for an extended period of time in the cold I got great output power.