Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Stylish LOC build 2x AAA

Hiya all folks there, I wanted to present (show off) with my newest build in red lasers, and also introduce my very first video made showing that brand new beast.
Laser is powered off 2x AAA, using AMC7135 regulator, fitten in small flashlight featuring tail clicky and bulb socket seen on maglites.
Well, let's cut to the chase, shall we?
DSC00024.jpg

And also, my video of laser going through plastic cookie tray:

EDIT: please ignore background noise, my brother just refuses to shut yap for a few seconds!
You might notice that due to the hosts size, there is a lack of room to install AMC driver.
Well this is how I did it:
DSC00019.jpg

DSC00020.jpg

You will notice that I managed to shatter the reflector :D However outer pieces make a ring that is like, MADE FOR AIXIZ MODULE! Like they knew what it is going to be used for! Pieces are held together in their place with little Loctite :D

So, first you screw on the front piece, then simply install the module head by pushing it down the hole, whatching the polarity!

So, A nice little laser powered by cheap AAA bateries, without expensive drivers or hosts!

Flashlight itself has a very nice reliably tail clicky button, to it is suitable for handsfree operation.
Only one con on that host: lack of room for any kind of heatsinking (even by aixiz module backend). So duty cycle is little short. But who gives a damn! I tooks great, and it is powerfull.

Jayrob! Get off the throne! I'm taking over! :p :D

Last edited:

Nice build, that's some fiddly soldering you've done :)
Well it actually turned out messy here and there, but since it was assembled, tested, i had to dissasemble it to take photos, and assemble it, and still works nicely, no contats snapped from socketing the thing.
Thanks!

Nice looking and small, too! The host is even red. Nice touch. Regulator on the legs of the diode certainly saves some space.

Rob

You know, normally I'm not a fan of maglite builds but that is one sweet looking host. Great job, I love the red. :D

Nice looking and small, too! The host is even red. Nice touch. Regulator on the legs of the diode certainly saves some space.
It wouldn't be possible to install DX disk in there, so I took a bit of trouble to desolder the goddamn thing. You would not belive how lucky I was to get the little chip to snap off without need of hot air desolder...

You know, normally I'm not a fan of maglite builds but that is one sweet looking host. Great job, I love the red. :D
I'm fan of Maglite, but only as flashlights, not laser hosts. Twist on off is very bad. If someone was to turn the head of this host while the module was installed, it would tear apart all the pins and regulator and everything on the back of the diode. I like the fact that it is easily dissasemblable, but just because someone does not ruin it, I'm thinking of putting a drop of Loctite on the head thread...

Do you have the schematic of the driver?

This one seems very simple...

What are the specs?
I just backtraced the connections from the DX PCB.
The right pin of the driver goes to positive from the power source and LD. Middle pin goes to negative of power source, left pin goes to the LD negative. I also just added a small capacitor to keep everything safe.

EDIT: BTW, I did wrote: AMC7135 driver, go to dealextreme and search for amc7135, there are multiple versions, but I use 350mA version of their regulators, I just add a capacitor across diode.
Fairly simple, yes, but mainly people resent that because of being unable to adjust it. It is 350 mA fixed, you cannot set it to 400 mA nor less. Therefore it makes LCC/LOC diodes a bit underpowered, but I don't mind, that goes to the lifetime favor.
I cannot tell you any specs because I've only had it for a day, used short duty cycles, and do not own LPM. :D Use your imagination :p

Last edited: