Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Spyder Arctic series help

Hey guys Im actually new today to LPF and i have a question about my Arctic. i just recieved it in the mail a few days ago and it worked perfectly fine the whole first day i had it and that night i left the battery on the charger and when i woke up the next day and put the battery in, low power mode worked fine but when i switched over to high power mode the beam lasted for a few seconds and then cut off and all 3 LED lights were blinking at the same time. is this a battery issue or is my laser broken? someone please help me. thank you:yh:

Charging a lithium-ion battery overnight is a dangerous thing to do. It sounds like you killed the battery and it only has a very, very low capacity.

Edit: Do you have any other 18650s to try it with?

Last edited:

csshih

low battery warning looks like this:

MVI_1192.gif

very faint blinking of the LEDs.

I actually found out it was dangerous to charge them overnight AFTER i did it ha thankfully it didnt explode or anything. I am new to high powered lasers and these kinds of batteries i just wish WL would have sent a little more information on the battery and charging. I do not have any other li-ion batteries to try in it unfortunately i have been searching everywhere for just 1 to at least give it a try but there are no stores that carry them. I actually took mine to a batteries+ and the owner offered to charge it for me im picking it up this afternoon hopefully it is still good.

Ohk so i picked up my battery from the guy at batteries+ and he said the charge said 4v and i put it in my laser and it worked for a few seconds and cut off on high power again. and i just went with that because i felt i shouldnt take up anymore of his time. so when i got home i was able to use it again but it kept cutting off at random times not just high power mode and sometimes it wouldnt turn on at all but i managed to light one match with it and when i shut it off and went to turn it back on i got nothing. the LED lights did not turn on or anything. is this due to my battery? or is my laser broken? what can i do about this because WL does not return my phone calls.