Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Something weird about me Laserland Blu-ray module?

I bought a laserland blu ray Module 50mW. And i plugged it into my Power supply at 3.2V. I was like. Oh wow thats the same output as my 50mW. Then i attached a lens and focused it for burning. It BARELY burns.my 5mW burns way better than that. There was Barely any heat compared to my Ebay 5mW purple(overpowered).
I came up to these conclusions:
  • I have a 50mW module and my 5mW ebay laser was an 60-90mW
  • Or my module is a 20mW and my laser pen was 30mW(I read a post about ebay blu ray lasers being at 32mW or something)
Can someone please help me?
I also want a LPM but i dont want to spend 100+ on it

What were you burning? Can any of your lasers light a match? Also I think it's the second thing you mentioned because it's impossible for a laser rated at 5mW to output 60mW. I've never heard of such a overpowered laser.

What were you burning? Can any of your lasers light a match? Also I think it's the second thing you mentioned because it's impossible for a laser rated at 5mW to output 60mW. I've never heard of such a overpowered laser.

Ya i was burning a black piece of plastic that i used to burn. I now dont have that overpowered 5mW anymore so i can't compare or measure it, but my 50mW module can light a match but it has to be focused to ABSOLUTE OPTIMUM for around 5-10 seconds in order for it to light a match.:wtf:
And my 100mW green module can Own a match in less than 1 second of exposure

i like laserlands also and bought there 50mw which amazed me but it think the 50 is lacking i havent tried it out in smoke yet and im not that interested in burning but im gunna order a red and maybe another green from laserlands soon if i get some cash :paypal:

wow im stupid what i meant to say is that theyre 50mw green was awesome and the violet is not that cool besides me needing for an rgv soon

wow im stupid what i meant to say is that theyre 50mw green was awesome and the violet is not that cool besides me needing for an rgv soon

I dont get it... Pay pal sent? Are you feeling alright?
They sent me the wrong one. I ordered a blu-ray one they sent me a 13mm brass housing green 50mW... and i was like :wtf:
So then after like a month, it finally came, i plugged it into my power supply and im like... Wow that sucks Its worse than my 5mW ebay bluray

I dont get it... Pay pal sent? Are you feeling alright?
They sent me the wrong one. I ordered a blu-ray one they sent me a 13mm brass housing green 50mW... and i was like :wtf:
So then after like a month, it finally came, i plugged it into my power supply and im like... Wow that sucks Its worse than my 5mW ebay bluray

They sent you a wrong laser? You didn't mention that before.
Well anyway you said the 50mW one can light a match in 10 seconds. That means it isn't underpowered. I know that a 30-40mW laser can not light a match at all. At least I never could with it.
So I guess your 5mW laser really was 60mW or higher if it burned much better than the 50mW one.

They sent you a wrong laser? You didn't mention that before.
Well anyway you said the 50mW one can light a match in 10 seconds. That means it isn't underpowered. I know that a 30-40mW laser can not light a match at all. At least I never could with it.
So I guess your 5mW laser really was 60mW or higher if it burned much better than the 50mW one.

When my 50mW was focused with a lens to be very small dot

When my 50mW was focused with a lens to be very small dot

Yes, I know what you meant.
When a green laser is not focused to a small point it needs to be over 80mW to be able to light a match at all. I have a 50mW green laser and it can't light a match. So your laser isn't underpowered since it can.

yeah theyre blue/violet is extremely false advertised no hint of blue at all that you see with other diodes

yeah theyre blue/violet is extremely false advertised no hint of blue at all that you see with other diodes

The blue in the blue/violet means that it can fluorescent blue on paper, clothing, and some surfaces
Why do you always talk so off topic? How is it false advertised? You buy an exacto knife expecting it to cut down a tree.... Thats not extremely false advertised. Theres no hint of sharpness at all that you see with other saws...

Last edited:

All blu-ray laser diodes lase violet light.
What you probably see as blue in the middle of the dot is because of the brightness. With weaker blu-ray diodes you only see violet, but that's not because it's a different wavelength. The same thing is with yellow lasers, when they're only 1mW the dot appears orange.

yeah i wouldnt have realized that cuz ive only bought one and that makes sense because the only other ones ive seen have been pulled out of sleds and those are 100mw and up right?

i just recently got some of the blue/violet modules in stock i was a little liery on buying them cause i wasnt to sure about how they would perform. i just got 100mw modules in and they are vary impressive in terms of there burning power. i was able to light a match with no problem and i even got a ciggarett to light. i am waiting for my friends power tester to come in, to really see what these modules are really putting out because i think that there over 100mw. i really like the focusable lens on them personally better then the fixed lenses on the green modules.