Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Something no one here should take inspiration from…

Looks like it's overcast, not pointed at a building, I assume they don't see any planes. I don't see a problem.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I don't think that's a laser. Just a powerful flashlight with zoom lens.
I am thinking that she spelt her first name wrong lol

Last edited:

julianthedragon

Lol sorry, I should’ve posted a better thought out caption but had to get back to work. I know it’s not a laser in the pic, nor is it dangerous. What I meant was that if we started doing that with lasers, it could be a different story

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Oh yeah definitely. Sorry I didn't mean to demean you or anything. I actually got two flashlights rated at 10000 lumens coming in from aliexpress hopefully next week that show a beam like that. Damn hope people don't start abusing flashlights too

julianthedragon

No worries, no offense taken. Wow that’s really cool, planning on any specific uses for them? Would love to see some flashlight content

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
First I gotta see for myself what 10k lumens looks like lol. I get the feeling it will light up the entire house. I would like to start doing some urban exploring. My bro in law used to be into that stuff. Wonder if he still is... I'll have to ask him next time I see em.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I actually used my 1000 lumen Nitecore P20 as a signalling device during this last summer. Had to stay at work overnight due to a large storm and power failure to monitor some of the equipment until the power came back on. It was totally dark outside without any of the normal city lights so when I got hungry and had to order a pizza I needed to stand in the parking lot and use my light to signal where I was standing for the pizza guy to find. :LOL:

I actually used my 1000 lumen Nitecore P20 as a signalling device during this last summer. Had to stay at work overnight due to a large storm and power failure to monitor some of the equipment until the power came back on. It was totally dark outside without any of the normal city lights so when I got hungry and had to order a pizza I needed to stand in the parking lot and use my light to signal where I was standing for the pizza guy to find. :LOL:
I've used lasers outdoors mainly to get photos of the beam. Unless you are pointing in a direction that aircraft use it shouldn't be a problem.

julianthedragon

Using them outside is really fun, but I much prefer it in a remote location like a lake or empty field than my densely populated neighborhood. Just never know if it could attract the wrong kind of attention, and there are way too many planes flying by