Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Some Questions

I got laser goggles for x-mas and when I put them on I cant see the laser beam or dot at all? I assume this means their working but does that mean there too strong or something? I don't see the point of the goggles when i cant even see what i'm lasering.

I got the 100mw focusable green laser from 0-like and I cant even burn a match with it? did I get screwed or something? It makes the match smoke and stuff so I'm wondering is there a easy way to test laser strength

what would be an easy way to clean the lenses? I blew into it once and i think it got all foggy cause the beam had a huge halo around it, i put Q-tip in there and it seemed to fix it but now its getting another halo and the Q-tip doesn't get the trick done. I was thinking compressed air should do the trick.

and does staring at the dot of the laser do any damage to your eyes? not pointing the dot in your face, but if you are shooting the laser at all wall and looking at the dot. I know its really bright and it hurts after a while but can it cause permanent damage to your eyes?

here is my laser http://o-like.com/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=1059

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 8382

It's normal that you don't see it, they're supposed to block that light ;) Remember that the goggles are not intented to protect you when pointing it at night, they are intended to protect you from possible reflections when burning stuff and so. Looking at the dot itself won't harm you at that levels, the pain that you might feel is caused by your eye muscles trying to focus on it and failing.

A q-tip with a bit of alcohol is the easy way to clean them (only use the alcohol if the qtip alone definitely doesn't work). There's also no other way to test the power than using a laser power meter, sorry.