Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

some new pics 12/29/17

These pics are a continuation of what I posted last time. At first I added prisms and a beam splitter to create some nice geometry with the beams and mirrors. The mirrors caused visual breaks in the beams and create nice effects. I also need to buy some glass prisms like the larger ones seen in these pics. They were purchased from LPF member COCONUTS about 5 years ago and are great. I saw some on ebay that look similar for 59 dollars. I used a beam splitter for the blue but the small prism you see in these pics is low quality optics and unfortunatly it shows in the pics.

For the second part I added another long mirror (making 5 total) and two 405nm 500mw and kind of repeated what I photographed last time. When photographing I usually have the red closer to the camera and the blues and violets further away. On these I switched it and the violet color came out semi accurate.

Next on the agenda is mirrors and glasses of water, and then my 5 gallon tank with lasers.

Enjoy

DSC_1249_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1252_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1261_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1271_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1272_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1277_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1283_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1289_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1290_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1291_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1297_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1301_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1307_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1316_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1318_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1317_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1323_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1324_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1328_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1339_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1338_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

I always enjoy your work and you add in a very positive way to our beloved hobby, Thanks. :gj:

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Nice, Bruce! :beer:
What you can't do with a little "smoke and mirrors". :D

I remember those large, cool prisms from coconuts, he had just ran out of them when I tried ordering mine, and AFAIK, he never got any more. I think they were surplus from a "tank periscope" or something similar.

Have a Happy New Year, Bruce! 🎉 🎉 🎉

Thanks RedCowboy and Bowtieguy!

I got my prisms as part a kit from COCONUT. I got a prism, a bunch of uranium marbles, and a 405nm 5mw pen (which LPM'd at 60mw). My second prism from COCONUT I got with more uranium marbles and a 532 and 650nm pens. I think each kit was around 50 dollars and was a huge bargain.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Yep, I got the uranium marbles with the pen, but sadly no prism. Coconuts did have some great deals and prices.

Stunning photos Bruce.

love01.gif

Wonderful photos with mirrors, prisms, and maybe a few PBS cubes (unless those are two prisms back to back). I have many different kinds of prisms, including a dove prism that rotates the image through it twice for every single rotation of the prism. Have several PBS cubes too that look a lot like your cubes. Just love the effects you have gotten with these optics. :yh: + rep, Bruce

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

Paul - It is a cube and not two prisms back to back. I have used my two "COCONUTS" prisms back to back in the past. I have I think six prisms. I actually have a nice glass one (smaller) on my desk at work and will play around with it when daydreaming