Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Some issue about using the laser pointer

Some issue about using the laser pointer:

1. It is better to have a laser power if you want to buy a real power. There are several methods about detecting if you don’t have a laser power on hand:

A. In generally, for the green laser, it is not the brighter the light the higher power of the laser pointer as we though. In fact, the light is almost the same bright between different powers. However, the spot of the light with low power laser more concentrated in a point and the high power laser will not concentrated in o point as the lower power laser. Of course, the power of the laser pointer below 1mw is much expensive, and I think there will be a few people select this power, so I’ll not explain much more on this.
B. The power of laser point of 7~80mw is a division point, it will light the match once the laser pointer achieve this power, but it need to head the match gradual for a while; For the 120~150mw laser pointer, it will light the match once we put the spot on the match; and for the 200mw and above 200mw laser pointer, it will light the black color copper plate paper. But the idiographic test method need everybody to experience it by ourselves. I tests them by the laser power now, there will be no problem as long as it is a weak light:drool:

2. Don’t believe the ticket stick on the laser pointer about the laser pointer you brought. I have many different tickets on hand, sometimes my customers asked me to stick 200mw ticket on a 100mw laser pointer, therefore, maybe the laser pointer which you brought is the real power and you will pay much more money on a fake power laser pointer.