Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

(SOLD) ARMED LASERS : Custom 8W Blue Laser w/ High Speed Cooling Fan!

Amak87

LPF Site Supporter
Im trying to clear my inventory to make “financial room” for my next line of lasers and a special project that me and @LoreDarkShade are beginning to work on.

Starting with this beautiful Black Convoy M21A host with a huge polished Aluminum Heatsink! This laser has an 450nm Blue Osram PLPT9-450LB_E diode driven at 5.0A, using a SXD driver. It has a 30mm high speed fan for keeping the temps down, and has an impressive 5 MINUTE ON TIME! This beast takes 2-18350 batteries, and the only ones I suggest using in this laser are the Vapcell M11 v2.0 1100mAh/10AMP CDR. Any other batteries that are less than those specs will result in a much lower optical output. With those batteries, the voltage drop, before the driver, is 0.5V. Other batteries will result in a much lower voltage drop and the driver needs as close to 8V as possible for proper operation. The fan is directly wired to the battery power supply. Total power consumption is around 40W! This laser comes just as you see it, batteries and charger are not included. I will drop ship a new G8 lens with lens extension from Survivallasers.com once this laser is paid for. I will ship immediately as well, less than 24hrs and this puppy will be in the mail!

Also, the Convoy M21A host has some dings in it, I can replace this with a brand new Convoy M21A host by request. But this laser was assembled just 2 days ago, using a brand new Osram diode and brand new SXD driver! There’s also a Stainless Steel front bezel, I can swap out for a black one if requested.

$250 as is, or $300 with new Black M21A host!

BLACK CONVOY M21A / OSRAM PLPT9-450LB_E 450nm Blue 8W diode. 8.2W optical output measured with LPM, with a G2 lens at 68*F heatsink & ambient temperature! This output is only with the Vapcell M11 v2.0 batteries!!

See attached photo, I was only able to upload one picture at the time I posted this, the server was lagging, I can send more pictures to anyone who wants them!

Attachments

• IMG_4950.jpeg
    IMG_4950.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 30

This laser has been sold. But I wanted to post the pictures of the entire laser and the SXD driver setup with heatsink. The SXD is set to max current, and I haven’t been able to get it to overheat, even running the laser for 10 minutes, the batteries drain out before the SXD hits the temperature limit/starts blinking. This is due to the IC side of the driver being adhered to the main aluminum heatsink with thermal paste and the top side having a 20mm X 20mm solid copper, finned heatsink.

Here are the pictures of the laser with Convoy C8 grey host, SS front bezel, 35mm diameter extended aluminum heatsink, SXD driver with finned 20x20mm copper heatsink, 30mm high speed cooling fan, wired directly to the 2-18350 Vapcell M11 V2.0 batteries. With a G2 lens, this laser peaks at 8.2W optical output, and after 8minutes of run time, it is still above 7W optical output (68F ambient temp, 66*F starting heatsink temperature).

Attachments

• IMG_5024.jpeg
    IMG_5024.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5323.jpeg
    IMG_5323.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5027.jpeg
    IMG_5027.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5324.jpeg
    IMG_5324.jpeg