Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SkyLasers LFP-445 1000

Silverfire,
nice review with great pics! Thank you!

About the loose shutter, can it be untwisted off the laser completely? If so, maybe Teflon tape on the threads will make it tight enough to stop the accidental turning problem.

Nope, it can't be untwisted all the way. I guess that's a good thing and a bad thing :p

Silverfire,

thank you for your answer. One more question: Can the laser head be removed from the body or disassembled in any way?

I asked SKYlaser if the IR filter could be removed by unscrewing the head. I got 2 answers from what may be 2 different sales reps: Kevin said no and the other guy said yes.

Also, i notice the 300mW 532nm comes in 2 types: one if powered by a 16340 battery and the other a 18650 battery. I don't understand why the larger but similar powered laser should cost so much more - $70 more. Would you happen to have any idea about this?

Last edited:
I have never actually tried removing the laser head from my laser before. I would be afraid it might break something.

As for the larger (PL) lasers, they usually cost more because they have much bigger heat sinks and can be kept on for longer without having to be powered down to cool. The focus dial can also be locked to prevent being loosened.
The (HL) lasers are much smaller but can also overheat a lot faster.