Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sky Lasers 400mW 808nm feeler?

pseudonomen137 said:
Hey daedal. I'm pretty much out of stock on my 400mW + goggles + cert + ship deal for ~$300. If there's enough interest to start a preorder, I may place another order but for now I haven't been planning on restocking.

I have tested some S-KY stuff before and I found the level of quality was incredibly sub-par to the point that I wouldn't even expect to see it on a place like DX. If these "400mW" 808nm pens are similar to the other 808nm S-KY products I've tested, I would expect a very very shoddily built 200mW laser. I've heard word that they've cleaned up their act a bit since, but I don't really know what to think - I'm definitely not shelling out any of my own cash on them to find out though. If someone wants to buy a unit and lend it to me, I'll test it out and post my honest opinion and some power tests here on LPF for everyone to see.

As for 3mRad, its possible but incredibly unlikely. To get 3 mRad, you'd have to have a pretty large beam at say like 5mm+ in diameter. I don't even think the aperture cap is large enough to facilitate that. Not to mention their larger size 808nm units seemed to have an even tighter beam and higher divergence than the CNI pens (which have a spec of 15mRad). So I ain't got any proof, but I'd tend to not believe their spec in that regard.

Typical skeptical me, eh?

Yes,you were not satisfied with the samples at the first time.

In April,I sent a new portable laser,free sample,our new design then,P808L-1000B-Fa,I think you have tested that,please post opinion and some power tests here on LPF for everyone to see.

Thanks.

Skylaser.cn