Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Should I go?

My school is offering a trip to Costa Rica! It's kind of educational, but it's mostly going around and looking at stuff. One day we go to hot springs at the foot of an erupting volcano, go to a "cloud forest." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_forest (Don't say "lol, Wikipedia", it is all true.)
We also end up staying at three different hotels, one in San Jose, and two other cities I can't think of. The cost is $3050, for me, and it includes airfair, transportation, hotels, food, insurance, emergency coverage, and some other stuff. We stay six days. My friend said he would go if I went, and I think the same thing. I do plan on going to Japan before I go to college, (at least five or six years from now) which would cost $7000 and would stay for four weeks. I could afford the trip, and most likely could afford the other trip later, so money isn't a huge issue, but still somewhat significant.

Take advantage of every opportunity to see the world. Life will hit you after college and it'll be the daily grind working for the man. Then it becomes difficult to get away. Of course, you could always join the military like I did and see the world...and blow things up...and kill people.

Ace82

Yes, without a doubt, go. I love hiking and exploring nature, and that sounds completely awesome. You will regret it if you don't, it will be highly worth the expenses.

FrothyChimp said:
Take advantage of every opportunity to see the world. Life will hit you after college and it'll be the daily grind working for the man. Then it becomes difficult to get away. Of course, you could always join the military like I did and see the world...and blow things up...and kill people.

Yeah. Sad thing I started college right after high-school so no world-seeing for me in the next 5 or 6 yea...WHAT, have you killed anybody?!

Definitely, that sounds like an amazing opportunity, and I hope that you take it.

Plus, there's the fringe benefit (I'm surprised nobody's commented on it yet!) of having a high amount of water vapor in the air...which may have some interesting optics properties regarding photonic energy sources.

-Mark

i said no because you should spend your money on lasers, ;D

do whatever [highlight]YOU[/highlight] want!

-laserlover

Definately go! I lived in Panama for 4 years (US Army 85 - 89). Other than Manuel Noriega, the country was great. Beautiful women :cool:. Humidity is a killer though. Costa Rica would be about the same.

Ted