Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Should I buy from stonetek?

and btw, you should also buy your AixiZ laser module housing from SenKat/Stonetek because buying directly from AixiZ is the worst pain you can ever have... it took me 3 months to get 2 miserable units due to countless mismanagement on their side.

cyclonite said:
Ifrgtmyname:

Do you have a driver circuit already? If not, check the 'Experiments & Modifications' section for the now famous DDL driver circuit. You can easily make those youself and if you need the components you can PM me and I can try to help you obtain them.

Cheers.

Yer I checked it out thanks and that led me to the MXDL tourch mod ddl made and I think I'm going for that: also with this update I will def buy from SenKat (update with aixiz module ty :p).

The only thing I'm struggling getting now is resistors strangely because I live in the UK and the component seller I am using will only sell me 500 resistors at a time!

Oh well to eBay it is!

thx again

Ifrgtmyname:

Buy from Maplin. They will have the values you want and you can buy just 1 piece. They will be more expensive though but if you buy from RS you will need to represent a company :(

If there are no Maplins around your area let me know I'll post you the resistor values you need.

Cheers.

cyclonite said:
Ifrgtmyname:

Buy from Maplin. They will have the values you want and you can buy just 1 piece. They will be more expensive though but if you buy from RS you will need to represent a company :(

If there are no Maplins around your area let me know I'll post you the resistor values you need.

Cheers.

Why would you need to represent a company to buy from Radio Shack?

RS is not radio shack. There's a very big component company called RS components. You can get just about anything from their warehouse but you have to be a 'company' :(

google 'RS Components' and you'll find them. You can get 10+ resistors for the price of 1 hehehehe

chido

Ifrgtmyname said:
[quote author=cyclonite link=1203895120/0#12 date=1203960662]Ifrgtmyname:

Do you have a driver circuit already? If not, check the 'Experiments & Modifications' section for the now famous DDL driver circuit. You can easily make those youself and if you need the components you can PM me and I can try to help you obtain them.

Cheers.

Yer I checked it out thanks and that led me to the MXDL tourch mod ddl made and I think I'm going for that: also with this update I will def buy from SenKat (update with aixiz module ty :p).

The only thing I'm struggling getting now is resistors strangely because I live in the UK and the component seller I am using will only sell me 500 resistors at a time!

Oh well to eBay it is!

thx again[/quote]

Ifrgtmyname, I don't know if you've seen it, but Kenom made a complete video walkthrough for his
dorcy mod, it's right here:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1120132/diy_dorcy_burning_red_laser (this is his new walkthrough, the old one which you'll find at the beginning of the thread is long, but still, watch it so you learn more)
And the thread is here:
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1181635652/0

cyclonite said:
Ifrgtmyname:

Cheers.

Maplin was who I was talking about when I said they only sell 510 resistor packs BUT that was their online store maybe if I pop down to the stockport branch they will have singles. I'm glad to see they have voltage regulators tho :)

chido said:
[quote author=Ifrgtmyname link=1203895120/15#17 date=1204067497][quote author=cyclonite link=1203895120/0#12 date=1203960662]Ifrgtmyname:

Cheers.

Oh well to eBay it is!

thx again[/quote]

Ifrgtmyname, I don't know if you've seen it, but Kenom made a complete video walkthrough for his
dorcy mod, it's right here:
(this is his new walkthrough, the old one which you'll find at the beginning of the thread is long, but still, watch it so you learn more)
And the thread is here:

[/quote]

Yeh That vid explained a lot tyvm. I now know the proper way to solder a laser diode as well as how to add the aixiz housing and that you can earth yourself from the ankle- how cool is that?!

I just bought a single piece of 1 ohm 0.6watt metal film resistor from Maplin. I think you can try popping over and asking them :)

cyclonite; where can I buy a '47µF 35V 20% Axial-Lead Electrolytic Capacitor' in the UK for ddl's circuit I cant find the exact one on maplin

Ifrgtmyname:

If you really can't find something, you can definitely find them at RS Components. Take a look at their website

http://rswww.com/

Next, there's a forum member here by the nick 'polop' search for him and send him a PM. I know he's also building the Phasor laser so he'll be needing the same parts that you do, plus he gets them from RS Components too.

Once again, you and I can't go direct to RS to get parts because they require us to represent a company :(

By the way, did you mean your local Maplin didn't have them or they don't do them generally? Should I check the one here out for you?

Cheers.