Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Shipping from 0-like

Hi, I recieved a ~500mw green pointer from o-like yesterday. However, it came without the batteries or the goggles. I wouldnt mind so much except that you cant get the batteries round here. They gave me the charger lol. I've heard O-like sometimes ships batteries seperate. If this is the case here, does anyone have experience of how much later than the laser they could arrive? I have no link for tracking them or anything. I've asked this question in the o-like contact form but no reply yet.

Too bad I spent all that then a week later they develop a laser twice as powerful, a third the price and blue :D

1Nick

welcome to the forums. usually they include batteries, maybe the laser purchased didn't include batteries. perhaps look over the laser page and see if it says the batteries are included with the order. o-like wont ship batteries seprately unless you requested it. i contact susie from o-like all the time and they are great people, they are stationed in china, so they are probably asleep right now, lol. just give them some time, they always reply. if your laser didnt come with batteries, they will most likely send you new ones. they will even make exchanges on certain circumstances. in fact, im waiting for an order right now from them, i had to return my laser due to some malfunctions :)

thanks for replying. yeah, they messaged back saying they were sending the goggles and batteries seperately to get them through customs. I couldnt wait long enough and ordered a couple of batteries from a uk site which got here in a few days lol. Its always handy to have extra batteries i guess. The laser itself is pretty good, although the button broke and is now permanently on. better than permanently off lol. I can just use the key instead of the switch as an alternative. Dont have a power metre, but burns my arm from 2 foot in less than 2 seconds, must be strong
thumbs.gif

1Nick

haha, thats good. i decided to get an extra pair of batteries too, just incase something happens. did you brake the bottom of the laser? that must be really strong laser, you should try to save it for as long as you can ;)

no i broke the button thing that switches it on, the bottom bit the key goes into still works. i may have also messed the diode up slightly :( theres a little mark or something on it that doesnt come off, and the dot of the beam has some scattered light around the main point. means it doesnt burn great anymore, but i find if i expose the diode it can burn alot better at short range anyway. the beam seems to diverge quicker without any correction lenses yet is also thinner at its point of origin.

1Nick

wow man, you gotta take care of your stuff, lol! your laser is gonna be wrecked in a couple weeks if you keep it up, lol! you dont even have pt. 2 of your package! ;P

well i dont take reponsibility for the button lol, it just stopped working during normal use :p yeah probably not great idea to use the laser with the diode exposed

1Nick

*facepalm* you're using it with the diode exposed!? you might as well put your balls in a blender :/

guess i should update

dunno if it actually was the diode; it has a glass lense thing and the problem was a smudge on it. I got it off but theres still a tiny speck of something I cant make out. It means the main beam cant burn as well but its still very bright so I think I've gotten away fairly well and a lesson learned lol. If i take out one of the lenses from inside I can put the top back on so that its safe, and the beam will be much smaller in diameter at the aperture, so I can still safely burn things very well at close range.