Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu pocket host

TrevorWesley

Does anybody know how sanwu laser hosts are formed? (Pocket specifically) Do they just use piping? I’m really curious in general about what people use to create the hosts for lasers and of there is a source/website that sells the steel tubing type housing. How do they build the parts like lenses etc? From what do they build from? Maybe a dumb question if they make everything from scratch but even then they would need some sort of steel to build it from. Anyways, i just find it really interesting. Thanks guys. - Trev

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Um hmm... well you see there's these things .... called machines... and they do all kinds of work...
BTW it's not steel.... you see... there's these other metals.... metals that are .... different... one is called .... aluminum or if you're not in the USA.... then aluminium.... yeah

Credit for wanting to learn so here is a video for you

The machining parts are there but the rest of it is just other stuff. You can watch the whole thing if you want but the first parts are what you need to see. It's all basically the same. Aluminum stock is used not steel unless you specifically get flashlights made of other materials. Even plastic. Cheap pointers are usually plastic. They don't get hot so no need and they're exactly that... cheap.
If you haven't yet figured out the connection of flashlights and laser pointer housings then I don't know what else to tell ya

Last edited:
Speaking of sanwu host.

Do you have any experience building in this host.?

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/2006013847.html

lenghtwise with using 10440 battery we should be okay to still have 2-3cm for diode module.

but what about inside diameter.
is it 11.95mm module ready to just slide in? Or do i need to shave some mm off of it?

anyone have that host before?

Last edited: