Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu laser lenses (cleaning)

varganorbert222

I tried to look up exactly what lenses are in my lasers, but I got confused. I also have Sanwu Pocket laser and Guardian. Guardian has a clear lens, but Pocket has colored lenses. For example, the red laser has a blue lens. I think it's some sort of coating on it. My question is, what exactly are the lenses in the lasers, and how can I clean them?

Thanks!

Viruzzz

You can get those hollow rubber balls with tips on them meant for blowing dust of camera lenses, they shouldn't damage the coating, I wouldn't clean them with any solvents, compressed cans of air included because of the volatile chemicals they use to drive the gas, there are lots of optical coatings that get damaged if you try to clean them.

That said they shouldn't need to be cleaned beyond maybe removing loose dust occasionally.

varganorbert222

Thanks for the quick response! I didn't use any solvents. 🙂 I bought a Lenspen MicroPro and a Hurricane Blower pump. I have to say they worked perfectly. First, I blew the dust off the lenses with the pump, then I brushed the lenses with the large brush of the lenspen, and finally I wiped the smudges off the lens with careful movements with the lenspen. The lens is as clean as when it was new. I can recommend Lenspen products for cleaning lenses! Of course, in my case there was no gross dirt on the lenses. After that, I think I only have to use the pump, because it is enough to blow off any loose dust. By the way, I needed the lenspen because I accidentally spit on the lens. :LOL: