Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

sanwu guardian question

dreamingcacti

Hello, Im trying to purchase a sanwu guardian & want to know, does the multi operations mode make the laser completely useless if you don't know the sequence or does it still turn on at less power?
Also 520nm vs 525nm , any suggestion on pros/cons?
already have goggles, ty!

gazer101

Some people like multiple modes on their laser, I do not. It just means that after an initial activation sequence you have to cycle through a few modes (probably low, strobe, high) to finally get to the desired high power mode

405nanoMatt

No it doesn’t ! The website has instructions on how to operate the modes if you read the page the guardian is on.I have one and have had to reread it myself a few times.

dreamingcacti

Okay and is it possible for the multi mode to be made as a locking mechanism so no one can open the laser without the sequence ?
thats what im mostly interested in

405nanoMatt

Yes you can lock it out to a low power that will only change with a certain sequence of button pushes.

dreamingcacti

low power is still usable though, is it not possible to have it off completely without a sequence? what is the "low power" mode anyway?

405nanoMatt

All the information you need is provided by the manufacturer.I suggest you take a minute to read it .

bulukaki

low power is still usable though, is it not possible to have it off completely without a sequence? what is the "low power" mode anyway?
I recall there's a review of a 405nm guardian which mentions the low power mode had 10% the current of the full power mode. If the 10% is above the diode's lasing treshold I suspect it would be still dangerous.

P.s. 10% was measured by the reviewer zeroair:

PSX_20210127_013735.jpg

Some people like multiple modes on their laser, I do not. It just means that after an initial activation sequence you have to cycle through a few modes (probably low, strobe, high) to finally get to the desired high power mode
What put me off from multimode drivers are the intermediate modes -- if they only have low power and full power mode I'll surely prefer them for additional safety.

Last edited:

gazer101

If you want safety, just keep the batteries stored separate from the laser
Works well against small children and saves your pocket from having holes burned into it by accident (has happened)

dreamingcacti

no really just looking for a laser that locks itself. guess taking the battery out would work for now. Is it difficult to make the multi mode into something that locks?

gazer101

no really just looking for a laser that locks itself. guess taking the battery out would work for now. Is it difficult to make the multi mode into something that locks?
Its incredibly easy, but totally unnecessary. It makes it harder for you to use your laser when you want to while offering no real added protection (if a kid really wants to turn on your laser they'll look up the combination for it).

If you really like safety though, why not try implementing a biometric lock onto your laser (requires onboard computer)?
You could make it so you have to scan your finger before each time you use it... I think that is the only locking system that wouldn't be a complete pain in the a$$ each time I tried using my laser